The Day When a Teenager Is Most Rational

"We need to declare war!" One council member insisted. There were some agreements and some arguments.

Gramps had agreed to let me join him and the council members at their meeting, merely asking that I be as respectful as possible and not blow up anything.

"Excuse me." I said politely. I was ignored. "Excuse me." I repeated, only to be ignored again. "Excuse me!" I said, a little louder. Guess what? I was ignored. "YO!" I shouted, making the whole room go silent. "There is no reason to go to war with Sunagakure!"

"Don't be stupid, girl." Said one of the many old men. "They attacked our village."

"No." I argued. "Orochimaru attacked our village. The only reason they helped was because they thought he was their leader."

"They should have been able to tell that he was a fraud!" He yelled impatiently at me. "And a child like you should respect her elders!"

I slammed my hand on the table and stood on my leg, careful to balance myself by putting most of my weight on the table.

"In case you're forgetting, we couldn't tell the difference either!" I yelled right back. "I might be a child, but I'm not naive! I know how to tie my shoes, I know left from right, I know right from wrong, and I know when someone was being used unknowingly!"

He stood as well, slamming both his hands on the table, which I could not do.

"Look at you, insolent girl! You lost two important limbs, half your soul, and fifty years of life because of that attack! And you are simply going to forgive Sunagakure?!"

"YES! I DAMN WELL AM!" I shouted, finally fed up. He was shocked into silence. "BECAUSE IT WAS OROCHIMARU'S FORCE FIELD THAT CUT OFF MY ARM, AND I AGREED TO LET A REAPER HAVE MY LEG AND HALF OF MY SOUL! IT'S A HELL OF A SAD DAY WHEN A FIFTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL IS MORE MATURE AND RATIONAL THAN A NINETY SOMETHING YEAR OLD MAN! YOU KNOW DAMN WELL THAT SUNA WAS TRICKED INTO ATTACKING US, JUST LIKE WE WERE TRICKED INTO BELIEVING OROCHIMARU WAS THE KAZEKAGE! WHY THE HELL WOULD WE HOLD THIS OVER THEM WHEN IT ISN'T EVEN THEIR FAULT! THEY'VE BEEN OUR COMRADES FOR YEARS, AND YOU'RE WILLING TO LET YOUR IRRATIONAL BLAMING RUIN THAT RELATIONSHIP! I THOUGHT SOMEONE WHO'S LIVED AS LONG AS YOU WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WISE! NOT ACT LIKE A CHILD WHO LOST HIS FAVORITE TOY!"

I ended there, breathless as I glared at him.

"This girl has a point." An old woman said.

"She does?" The old man and I both asked. I was just as surprised as him when I saw the other council members nodding in agreement. Gramps sat at the end of the table, beaming proudly at me.

"Indeed," a different old man said. "We're just as much to blame for not seeing through that Orochimaru's disguise."

"If it weren't for this young lady, the hokage would be dead and Kami knows what other fatalities would have occurred. She gave so much to save Sarutobi-sama, so I think she has a reliable opinion." Said the old woman.

There were nods and calm murmurs of agreement.

"I suppose..." The old man finally sighed, sitting in his seat.

"That settles it." Gramps said. "All in favor of mending any cracks in our friendship with Sunagakure, say 'Aye'."

The whole room chorused the word, save form me since I was too stunned to do much.

"All opposed say 'Neigh'." Gramps continued. The room was silent. "There. We shall send a mess anger hawk immediately to inform them that we do not hold them responsible. "I call this meeting to a close."

The council all got up and shuffled out, a few patting me on the back or sending me smiles. Finally it was just me and gramps, who was now standing behind my wheelchair as I fell back.

"What the hell just happened?" I asked. "I am a confuzzled shinobi."

"Well, thanks to you, we might have just avoided a war with Sunagakure." Gramps chuckled as he wheeled me from the meeting room. Kakashi leapt up from the chair.

"What happened?" He asked. "Why were they smiling like that? I heard yelling."

"They were simply smiling because they were impressed by how Kota was so willing to forgive Sunagakure, and how she so intelligently argued that Sunagakure had no way of know Orochimaru was manipulating them. In the end, I do believe Kota just saved Konahagakure from a third shinobi war."

"All I did was yell at an old man." I murmured. "I can't even remember what I said."

Gramps started laughing, which caused Kakashi to join him. Eventually I started laughing too, even though I'm pretty sure we were laughing at me.

I was just laughing because I remembered Naruto's lip lock scene with Sasuke.

Heh.... I still ship NaruHina.