64 A Hurtful Fortune

-Sara POV-

I just got home from school. It was tiring, really. I opened the main door and I stepped in the house. I was expecting an empty house because I know my parents are either preparing for the wedding or checking on the family business. I placed my bag gently on the sofa when a female voice called me.

"Sara, come here" Her voice is hard and strong. I turned around and I saw my mom standing beside the kitchen counter. I stood up straight and I walked towards her.

"Yeah mom?" I said while placing both of my hands on the counter. I'm facing her.

He looked down at her hand and she raised it up for me to see what she's holding. It's her phone. I stared at it blankly before returning my gaze to her. I tilted my head and looked at the phone again.

"Your fiancé wanted to cut off the wedding." She said it with a very deep semi angry voice.

"Mom.." My eyes widened and I just stared at her like that.

"Any explanation?" She said resting her arm on the counter top.

I looked away, finding a good sentence to tell her. I was shocked that Jungkook called mom to cut off the wedding. I feel bad for him but I also feel relieved that he somehow understood me because true love means you'll do anything to make the person happy. He isn't selfish. That's the good thing about Jungkook. I thought harder but I can't say a word to my mom.

"Do you agree to this?" She asked

I, again, didn't say a word. It's complicated, really, but I can't answer her. Yes or no? Ugh I can't make up my mind.

"What happened to you Sara?" She asked again. She's getting impatient. I could feel it through her voice.

I clenched my hands and I pressed my lips hard, my lips all became red. I looked at the counter top. I couldn't look into her eyes. I'm ashamed, somehow.

"I'm sorry, mom." That was all that I could mutter. My head still down.

"The wedding must continue." I heard her say. My head immediately turned to her and my eyes all became watery.

"Mom.."

"Why? You don't love Jungkook anymore?" She told me with a strong tone.

"Mom.." I sighed. I do love him but not as deep as what I feel towards ..... Jimin.

"I love hi-"

"Then the wedding must continue." She started to type on the phone. I think she's dialling Jungkook's number.

I walked towards her and held her hands. I put down her hands and the phone. She looked at me, looking all scary.

I was shivering because of nervousness. I'm gonna tell her.

"I still love Jimin." I said it with pure honesty. I looked into her eyes.

She was suddenly all silent. She just keeps staring at me. Until she bursted out angry.

"JIMIN?! He hurt you Sara for goodness sake!" I stepped backwards, startled by her sudden change of mood.

I cried and cried.

"You want to go back and repeat the past?? You know the feeling of hurt, Sara! And Jungkook will never do that to you! Why risk this time?!" She shouted towards me.

"I love him!" I keep on telling her. I repeated it for multiple times until she stopped me by holding both of my shoulders.

"Sara!" She shouted and it made me stop. My face was all wet and all red. My face was hot and my body is shaking.