6

13 days later

Shawn's POV

I smile as I watch Elizabeth put gifts under the tree with me, some of them hers, some of them mine. "Is that all?" She asks a few minutes later, a smile spreading on her face when I nod. "Cool, cause I'm tired." She says, leaning in my chest and letting me wrap my arms around her. "Don't fall asleep here." I say softly, and she shakes her head. "I'm not that tired." She says, pulling away and kissing my neck before cuddling back on the couch where we were before we got up and placed gifts. "You going to go to sleep?" I ask, and she shakes her head. "No, like I said, I'm not that tired." She repeats, letting me snuggle in with her while we watch How The Grinch Stole Christmas; the cartoon version, which from what I can tell she knows every line to. "I have a question, a question I've had for a long ass time." She says, pausing the film and turning to look at me. "Yes?" I ask. "Were you and Hailey Baldwin together? Like, even remotely?" She asks, and I sigh. I knew questions like this would come at one point, and I guess now is when they are. (authors note these have never really been confirmed but in the book they are okay bye) "I was in a relationship with Hailey, Camilla, and Lauren. That's it." I say, and she nods. "You and Camilla were cute." She says, and I smile and blush. "Yeah, But we're even cuter." I say, and she smiles and kisses my cheek, rolling over again and hitting play.

3 hours later

Elizabeth's POV

I smile as I crawl into bed with Shawn, rubbing his back gently as he sits on the edge of his side when I'm here. "Hey hon." He mumbles, turning around and laying down, kissing me quickly before wrapping his arm around my waist and turning out his light, mine already off. "Shawn?" I ask, winding my legs around his waist. "Yeah sweetheart?" He asks, and I shrug, watching as he turns the light back on. "What's wrong?" He asks, sitting up again and pulling me into his lap to face him. "Nothing, I just- I don't know how to say it." I say. "No fucking way you are about to break up with me on Christmas, no way." He says, pain filling his eyes. "No! No! Not at all! Actually kinda the opposite." I say. "Why? What do you mean?" He asks. "I want you." I say softly. "You have me, I'm right fucking-oh. Okay. You're ready aren't you?" He asks, and I nod slowly and deliberately. "Okay, honey. Do you want to?" He asks, and I nod again. "Speak! Don't they teach you in health that consent is a verbal yes?" He teases and I nod. "Yes, but I don't want to speak." I say, and he raises his eyebrows at me and turns out the light again. "Here's how we're going to do this. If you want me to stop or get uncomfortable at any point, I will unless you tell me you don't want me to, but I will anyway. I will probably ask you about five million times if you're okay because I care about you, not because I'm trying to be annoying. So there you go." He says, and I nod. "Okay." I say softly, rolling on my side and kissing him gently, moving closer when his arm guides me closer. "Shawn, wait." I say quickly, pulling away. "What? What's wrong?" He asks. "Do you really want to do this with me? Is this just sex for you? Because that's not how it is for me." I say, knowing the answer when he pulls away and rolls away from me. "Good to know." I say, getting up and going downstairs, sitting on the kitchen floor under the counter, somewhere I know he won't look; and won't notice because of his height before I let the sobs loose, letting them be the only thing taking over me, the only thing I'm focusing on, stopping when I hear footsteps, curling up even tighter. Here's the thing: I can be really small when I want to be, and I want to be now that Shawn is looking for me, probably to apologize or some shit. It doesn't matter, sex with me is just sex for him and I don't want it to be that way, but what do I expect? He's a guy. A smart, humble, gorgeous guy, that just happens to be my boyfriend, and he loves me unconditionally, even that one time in October when I drunk dialled him and he came and got me at 3 am, claiming he was already awake but by the look on his face and how he was dressed, he definitely wasn't. God damnit, I know I can't stay mad at him, but he still hurt me. "Lizzie, I'm sorry!" He calls, and I hear tears choking his voice. "I bet you are." I say quietly, not letting him see where I am. "Where are you?" He asks, starting to look in cabinets, knowing I've hidden in there before after fights. "None of your concern." I say and when his back is turned, I run out of the kitchen and wedge behind the couch since he was getting too close to my spot. "I heard you, Lizzie. Where'd you run to?" He asks, coming into the living room and turning on the lights, looking around and finding me 10 minutes later. "What's going on?" He asks, and I shake my head as he picks me up and carries me back upstairs like a child, cradling me gently as I start to cry. "It's okay, Lizzie. I'm so sorry. I didn't think." He says, letting me just cry as he lays me in bed. "Tell me what this means to you." I say, wiping more tears as they fall. "It means that I have a beautiful girlfriend who I am ready to take to a whole new level in our relationship, not because I'm horny as hell but because I'm ready, I'm ready to give myself in that part of me to you, I'm ready to give you every bit of love in me." He says, holding me in his arms as I hang on him. "Really?" I ask, and he nods gently. "Of course." He says softly, kissing my cheek before my mouth, lifting me off and laying me down gently, laying half on me, kissing me harder, and all I can think is that one song by Ed Sheeran, Afire Love, I think it is. "What are you thinking about?" He asks softly, pulling away. "You and this song that's playing in my head." I say. "Afire Love?" He asks, and I smile and nod. "How'd you know?" I ask. "It's all you've been singing for like, the past two weeks." He says, and I smile. "Not true. I sang some other stuff, you just weren't here." I say, and he raised his eyebrow and shakes his head, rolling off and getting his phone, turning on my song and setting it for repeat while it charges. "You really do like me." I say, and he shrugs and smiles, blushing. "So what if I do?" He asks, and that's when I kiss him, shutting him up as it gets deeper, and I resist the urge to stop him when he gently pulls my shirt off. "You okay?" He asks, and I nod, wriggling under him. "Feisty?" He asks. "No, just needy." I say. "I'm glad you're admitting that to yourself." He teases. "Oh fuck you." I say, pulling off his shirt. "No." He says, kissing me hard and groaning into it when I push his pants down, my shorts still on as I wrap my legs around his back, my arms around his neck.

Shawn's POV

I smile as Lizzie lets her legs down, giving me the ability to pull off her shorts and her underwear, letting them drop to the floor. "Wait!" She yells, and I stop for what has to be the 5th time in the past 45 minutes of touching and kissing, but I honestly don't mind. I love her to pieces, and as soon as we're finished, I'm going to tell her that I do. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" I ask, and she shrugs. "I don't know. I just wanted to ask a question." She says. "What?" I ask. "What if it doesn't happen?" She blurts out. "What do you mean?" I ask, confused. "What if I don't- you know?" She asks. "I'm still confused. Just say it, I won't judge." I say, kissing her temple. "What if I don't fucking cum?" She asks, breathing in relief once it's out there. "Then it's okay. This bedroom, this whole house actually is a no judgement zone. I promise. I'm not going to be a dick about it. It happens when it happens." I say, and she nods as I roll gently on top of her and open her legs gently, watching her face change as Afire Love keeps playing, and I know that the song is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of my fucking life, and how whenever I hear that song, I'm going to think of this minute. "Shawn?" She asks quietly. "What?" I ask. "Condom?" She asks, and I nod. "Are you okay?" I ask, and she nods. "Are you ready?" I ask, and she nods, kissing my head.

Elizabeth's POV

I gasp as Shawn slides in slowly, watching my face to make sure I'm okay, meeting my eyes when he's in all the way, wiping the tears that somehow rolled down my cheeks without me knowing, and I nod gently, kissing him hard and wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing harder. Holy shit, I'm sleeping with my fucking teacher. And I fucking like it! I'm burning in hell for this one but right now I don't care. Oops. I groan loudly as his hands move down my hips, squeezing tight as it starts to feel really good, like really good. "Are you okay?" He asks, and I nod, continuing the kissing as he keeps going, kissing my neck slowly as I moan loudly, and it is really loud. "Honey, are you close?" He asks a few minutes later, and I nod, gasping out when he thrusts harder than he has been. "Oh god, I'm sorry." He says, and I nod, twisting my legs around his back, kissing him gently, pulling away quickly when I'm close, and he knows when I am, confirmed when I see his eyes meet mine and he can see what's going on in them. "Shawn!" I cry, and I can feel my eyes crossing slightly as I hit, crying out