Old Times + Story update

Eventually we got to our destination. It was a large stone building that vines crawling up its sides and added a ancient type of look to it. The building felt familiar, but I couldn't tell how, it was on the tip of my tongue. Although as I began to read the frame that was nailed to the building I remembered exactly why I knew this place. "You live here?" I asked as I brushed away some growth and read the small plate that was bolted to the wall. 'Lexington Manor' The sign read in golden text, as I finished reading the plate I remembered exactly how I knew this place.

"Yeah this is it." Kora answered as I looked at the large double doors that towered over her. She took in a deep breath and let it out, knocked on the door as hard as she could with her small fists. I walked over and stood next to her waiting patiently to see if anyone would answer the door.

"Are you sure anyone still lives here?" Lucy asked glancing down at Kora's small figure questioningly. "I mean the place looks abandoned.." Lucy trailed off as her eyes wondered to weed infested yard, but before anyone could say another word the large door began to creak as locks were heard from the other side. As the wooden door slid open a tan man looking only a year or two older than me stuck his head out.

"Hello?" The man asked before taking a good look at the group in front of his door. He quickly spotted Kora as she leaped into his arms. I watched as the two clung to each other happily and felt happy for the two siblings. I glanced over to Laxus to find him doing the same, it was moments like this that made me remember that I should try to slow down more and just spend time with the people I love. Who knew how long I had left with all of them. "Kora where have you been?" Her brother asked as she looked her over for any injuries.

"Shiro-nii I got taken by some bad men, b-but Y/n saved me!" Kora explained, as Shiro heard my name he looked to me and you could see a lightbulb go off in his head.

"Y/n?" He questioned, I nodded as I gave him a my iconic smile. He began to chuckle as he took a few steps towards me. "What are the odds! It's been forever!" He gleefully cheered.

"It really has hasn't." I said greeting my old friend. I could tell the others were confused, but I couldn't blame them this was out of the blue and the day had already been pretty weird. "Shiro, these are my friends." I introduced as they all waved and/or greeted him. "Guys This is Shiro Lexington, he's an old friend of mine from when I was away from the guild." I explained. Kora looked more confused than before.

"Nii-san you know her?" She asked innocently.

"Yeah, you did to, you were just to young to remember." Shiro explained to her as her face lit up slightly while she nodded in acknowledgment. The memories I held about this place were probably the best about my time away from FairyTail. I didn't have many good ones about those years but I had a few. I remembered how kind the Lexington's were and how they would give me shelter if I was ever in trouble. And how Shiro would always comfort me when I felt lonely. As I relished in my old memories it got me thinkings.

How is Shiro dealing with his parents not being around?

"Shiro.. how have, uh, things been recently?" I asked trying to be careful with what I said.

"Ah, so you heard." He said giving a shyly smile as he rubbed his neck. I nodded quietly as I put my hand on his shoulder to comfort him. "It's been kinda tough, but luckily our inheritance has helped. I've also started working so we're holding up pretty well." He said smiling as he explained. I felt bad, he wasn't much older than me but he was left to take care of his little sister all by himself. It reminded me of Laxus somewhat but even then we still had gramps.

"Have you thought of joining a guild?" I asked before I could realize what I was saying. It was a good question though, being in a guild could probably help him out some. Although I'm not entirely sure how he'd feel about joining one.

Hey guys, long time no see...

Sorry I haven't updated in like a year, I've just completely lost track of what I wanted for the story and I can't force myself to write it anymore. I've decided it's best that I go through and revamp it!

You all may be disappointed but I promise this is the best decision for the story. I can't keep writing a story I hate, but I also don't just wanna drop the great ideas that I poorly executed in it.

I'm going to rewrite everything and I hope that you all will still be around to watch this story evolve! Thank you.