Imagine losing Loki's and yours unborn child

You sat there, trying to hide the burning feeling inside you, as you rested your head on Loki's lap as he ran his slender fingers through your hair. The doctors had told you that you had little chance of having another child, but you had refused to admit the truth to Loki."Mommy! Read us a bedtime story", your youngest child ran in saying, waving a book in the air. "Not tonight dear, I'm a little tired", you manage to say half asleep. "It's alright Y/N, il go and read to them", Loki said squeezing your hand, kissing you on the forehead. You gently ease yourself up and followed him as he took their hand and let them lead him to their room. You watched from outside, through a crack in the door, as he sat down on the corner of the bed, with your four beautiful children tucked up, all eagerly awaiting the story. "Now, let us begin. Once, there was a beautiful queen called Y/N...", he began telling the children their favourite story; the one how you both met. You closed your eyes and listened to his velvety voice, smiling, the voice you fell in love with, as you remembered back to that time again. You could even feel his fingers as they curled around your neck, as they whispered into your ear, "Y/N, be mine". You don't know what part you drifted off at, but you became aware that he was getting to the end of the story. You tried to open your eyes, but found you couldn't. You tried to speak, to move, but it was like your body wasn't reacting. You lost your balance and crashed down to the floor as your body became consumed in cold. "Y/N? Is that you?", you heard Loki say from inside the room where you could hear the soft snoring of the children. You heard his footsteps echo off the walls as the door was opened. "Oh my god, Y/N? Are you alright? Y/N!", Loki cried, his voice full of concern. You tried to speak but were too weak, and cold inside. You felt him pick you up and carry you back into the other room, and lay you down on the fur rug next to the fire. "Y/N! Please wake up!", he whispered to you, his voice shaking as he stroked your cheek, holding your hand tightly. Your eyes fluttered open slowly to see his tear filled ones, as a jolt of pain suddenly shoots through you. "Y/N!", he cries as you scream out in pain, feeling like your insides were burning up. He held you tight as the pained stopped as suddenly as it started, your stomach feeling as cold as ice. "Loki, the baby, it's ..", you manage to whisper before you break down into tears, clutching at your stomach. He pulls you into a deep hug, stroking your head, kissing your forehead. "Oh Y/N, I'm so sorry", he whispered to you softly, before leaning down and softly kissing your stomach. "No matter what happens, Y/N, I will still love you", he said to you, gently kissing your lips and you both lay there together until the fire had burnt out.