"was it the truth?"

He nods, taking hold of both of her hands as he stops in front of her doorstep.

"I love you" he whispers before connecting their lips in a short, sweet kiss. She can feel his lips as they turn up and into a smile against hers, one of her own threatening to show as well. She pulls away after a few seconds though, not one for public displays of affection.

Jungkook can't help but frown slightly, missing the way her lips had felt against his own. He's still kind of confused as to why she has never let him go further than a kiss with her after three years of dating. He won't pressure her or anything, but it kind of hurts that she doesn't want to take their relationship a step further.

"I love you too, now leave before it gets too dark" she says softly, worrying for her boyfriend's safety. He smiles before leaving a soft kiss on her forehead, holding onto her hands a few seconds longer before parting ways. She chuckles at his attitude before closing the door behind her, feeling giddy that he was the one to say "I love you" first this time. She really does love him, her hand covering her beating heart as she makes her way up the stairs and into her room.

Jungkook stands frozen outside her front door, a sloppy grin on his face as he reaches up and touches his tingling lips. He shakes his head with a chuckle before the sound of a door opening causes him to stop.

He had originally thought that it was Chani's door, but to his surprise it was the door from the next house over. It has been empty for the past two years, so he is genuinely surprised when the door opens to reveal a rather tall girl with short hair.