"what is it?"

She's silent, for once not knowing what to say. Hyejin is usually really good at talking to other people, but for some reason she finds it hard to talk to the boy standing in front of her. Jungkook is confused at her silence as well, repeating his question as her lips part.

"I didn't......"

He steps forward when she closes her mouth again, placing his hand on her soft cheek. Hyejin can't help but smile at the gesture before it slips off her face again, remembering what Jimin had told her the day before.

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend."

He freezes. It's as if someone took ahold of his heart and squeezed, his breath getting caught in his throat as he looks down at the girl. His hand falls to rest at his side as he stares down at her, his neck moving as he swallows. He had planned on telling her, he really had, but the feeling of satisfaction had cluttered his mind, the chemistry that they had together clouding his judgment.

"Jimin told you?" is all he can utter, earning a scoff of disbelief to leave Hyejin's mouth. She can't believe that she had been played a fool, not expecting someone as sweet as Jungkook to do something so wrong. She turns around to head to first class when she is stopped by his hand reaching out and wrapping around her wrist, her jaw clenching as she gets turned around again.

"I'm sorry."

"Why don't you tell your girlfriend that" she says resignedly, more upset in herself than at the situation. She had always been one to trust people easily. She had never felt this way with anyone else before, her body as well as her mind wanting this boy after a single week of knowing him. She should have known that it was too good to be true.

"Can we still be friends?" he asks in vain, not wanting to let her go. He knows that he should. He knows that he should take this as an opportunity to get Hyejin out of his life and focus on the girl that he is supposedly in love with, but he can't.

"I don't know Jungkook.... I don't-"

"Please."

It isn't phrased like a question, the tone of his voice making her pause. She finds herself slowly nodding her head even though she can feel that this is a bad idea, her eyes softening at the almost broken look on Jungkook's face.