"what do you want?"

Jungkook blinks in surprise at the tone in which Hyejin had just spoken to him with, his smile slipping off his face as she turns her back to him.

"I broke up with her."

Hyejin stills as a smile lights up her face before she stops, shaking her head as she pushes down her feelings and continues to put her things away. She can't do this with him anymore. She refuses to let herself fall under his spell.

"Good for you" she mutters as she slams her locker closed. The loud sound makes Jungkook flinch, his eyes wide as it carries throughout the empty hallway. They are the last two to leave the campus, Hyejin's heart speeding up just because of that fact.

"I...." Jungkook stops, his eyes soft as he stares at Hyejin's stiff back. He wants to tell her how sorry he is. He was an idiot for not breaking things off with Chani when he had first started getting feelings for the girl, it obvious that he may be too late now.

"I want us to be together, Hyejin-ah."

Hyejin's heart stops in her chest, a light feeling making her hold her breath. She scoffs though, turning around to look at the boy she fell in love with as she crosses her arms.

"So now you want to be together?" she says with attitude showing through her voice. It can't block out the hurt though, Jungkook frowning at how strained her voice is as she tries not to cry in front of him.

"I waited for three months Jungkook. I waited for you, giving myself to you as you had hopelessly clung onto her. It's too late now."

He feels as if the air had been stolen from his lungs, his chest tight as he reaches out for the shaking girl before him.

"No!" she yells as she moves away from his touch, his heart aching as she backs away from him.

"I can't do this anymore. I'm sick of this Jungkook" she says in a shaky voice, pulling her cardigan closer to her shivering body. He can still see the faint marks on her neck and jawline, remembering how it wasn't that long ago when his lips had painted the beautiful canvas standing in front of him.

"I'm so sick of this fake love."

And with that, she walks away and doesn't look back, Jungkook sinking to his knees as he watches her go. He didn't mean for any of this to happen, but it did, and now he has to pay the price.