𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

✱✱✱

(Eren's POV)

EVEN IN MY SLEEP I can still hear her words, resonating in the caverns of my mind. I don't know why exactly they affect me so much. They just do. The way she looked at me sent chills down my spine. Her eyes... so drilling and cold. I'll never admit it to anyone, but it upsets me the exasperation I must cause her. For some reason... I can never do the right thing when she is around. Will she ever look at me differently? Will that coldness ever be replaced with warmth whenever her gaze shifts to me?

Maybe I'll apologize in the morning.

Maybe.

Lost in the deep nescience of sleep, I think I hear a wince come from somewhere in the forest, followed by a shrill whinny; a sound that can only come from a spooked horse. The hairs at the back of my neck perk up. What is going on?

I open my eyes and am met with a terrifying sight: the barrel of a rifle.

"Don't move." The man holding the rifle warns. I'm too shocked to even react. He wears a bag over his head with two punched holes for eyes. He isn't the only one either. There are about six or seven men, all of them surrounding our sleeping bags. The other's begin to stir, and the rustle of gasps spreads as they recognize the threat.

"Gather their ODM gear. Quickly." The man closest to me says, and the majority of them move around our camp and search, leaving only three to keep watch over us.

So they're thieves..., I think in disgust. The nerve they must have... "What will you do with it?" I ask.

The man's beady eyes seem to glint evilly through the bag's holes. "There are people who will pay handsomely for these. You can't beat the titans anyway, so what's wrong with taking useless equipment?"

No. There is no way in hell we are going down without a fight. Summoning my courage I spring into action, tipping the rifle up and pushing it against him. The others get to their feet, staring at me wide-eyed, but too scared to follow suit.