𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍'𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒏

MY WORLD STOPS

MY WORLD STOPS...

"...What?" I whisper, processing his words, then repeat louder, "What?"

He is gone. Unconscious. I lean over him desperately and tap his cheek lightly to awake him. "What do you mean, like my father? Do you know my father? Commander?"

It doesn't work.

Footsteps come our way. Large ones.

I turn and see not one, not two, but three 10-meter tall titans approaching us. This has got to be a joke, right?

Its not possible for me to carry a 200 pound grown man. I hurry and wrap my arms around his chest, dragging him backwards. Its awfully pathetic. But there is nothing else I can do. No gas means no ODM gear use, which means a zero chance of killing titans. Which means a hundred percent chance of death.

But I refuse to go out this way.

"Get back..." I growl at them as they get closer and closer. I set the Commander down and stand in front of him. I brandish my blades for them to see. The least I can do is cut their fingers off. And once they regenerate, cut them again. Again and again and again. "You repulse me." I say darkly.

One of them reaches out to me. I ready myself.

Then the unexpected happens.

Suddenly, all three of the titans perk up. They turn their heads, look behind them, and without rhyme or reason, they begin to run away.

Or is it towards something?

Those three aren't the only ones, though. Every single titan does the same. The earth trembles nonstop. What the hell is this... a marathon?

In the distance I can see them attacking the Armored Titan. Climbing on him. Eating him.

How is this possible? Its... Its almost like the titans are being controlled.

The others catch up with me. Most of them appear uninjured, except Mikasa, who looks to be in excruciating pain and is riding on the back of Eren's horse.

"Thank god." Eren says the minute he sees me.

"Jo, you're alive! Here—" Connie says and he gives me a spare horse he's been leading on with rope.

With a rush of adrenaline, I manage to pile the Commander's body onto the saddle with me. I hold him tight so he doesn't fall.

"Commander Erwin..." Armin exclaims, aghast. "Is he—"

"He won't make it unless we hurry!" I say. "All of you, forget about the formation! RETREAT! HEAD BACK TO THE WALLS!"

꒰ 🥀 ꒱