𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏'𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒊𝒄𝒆

I KICKED HIS front teeth in.

"Where are Eren and Historia?"

He only wailed in response.

We were in the forest just off a military checkpoint in Wall Rose. A military checkpoint which we, a band of now wanted Survey Corps refugees, had just finished raiding. Their attempt to ambush us in the cabin might've been a fluke, but we sure got them in return. Now that we had their head official tied to a tree trunk, our job was to get the information out of him.

The MP officer sputtered out blood. He glared up at me, his gaze vicious under the moonlight. "Those soldiers back there were just new recruits who could barely wipe their ass... you guys think you're heroes or somethin'?"

"You better start talking old man, while you still have that tongue." I took out my switchblade and forced his chin up. I held the pointy end right at his Adam's apple. "Now tell me, where are Eren and Historia?"

"Its no use!" He insisted, "All that's left for you is to run and hide inside these walls, covered in mud and shit! If you guys don't turn yourselves in, every scout we captured will get the noose! Starting with the most guilty of all— Erwin Smith!"

I rolled my eyes. Jeez, this man was getting redundant.

It was Corporal Levi's turn to step in. He turned the man around and twisted his arms painfully behind his back. I heard a crack! and the MP gave out a cry.

"Shut up." the Corporal growled, "some soldier's lives are more valuable than others. Only those dumb enough to know that join the Survey Corps."

"This isn't getting us anywhere." I muttered to Jean, who stood next to me and kept watch like the others. 

He sighed. "Patience, Jo. When has the Survey Corps accomplished anything overnight?"

While I appreciated his use of sardonic humor, I was too restless and aggravated to lie low and just let things carry out at its own pace. Every second I was awake and not being proactive enough is another second that Eren gets closer to whatever cruel fate is in store for him.

The Corporal straightened up. "Now tell me where Eren and Historia are at."

"I don't know!" The man blubbered with tears of agony on the verge of spilling. "I'm not allowed to know! Kenny Ackerman is a very cautious man!"

I snapped up. "Ackerman?" I repeated and made eye contact with Mikasa. She looked equally perturbed.

"I know Kenny..." Corporal Levi said, an inflection of interest in his voice, "is that his last name?"

The MP nodded. At this point, he just wanted to avoid angering the Corporal again. "Yes..."

"True. There's a lot of things he doesn't divulge, especially the important stuff..." he quickly switched topics, "but you must have some sort of idea of where those two are. I'm sure you remember." He took the man's arm again, twisted it, and stretched it out like wrung out towel. "You still have plenty of bones I can break."

The MP looked at him in horror. "Y-You're insane..."

This didn't faze him. "Maybe so."

I smirked.

"Someone's coming!" Sasha yelled.

Everyone jumped, ducking or hiding behind trees and aiming their guns into the dark. Lying flat on my stomach on the grass, I could see two cloaked figures approaching the hill.