𝒊 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖

bitter are the wars between brothers ❞

-unknown

"ABOUT TIME," I SAID as the cafeteria staff wheeled in the dinner for today and distributed the dishes to each table. The food today was covered fancily with round metal tops. "I'm famished." I sighed.

"You sound like Sasha," Armin laughed softly.

"Oh sure," Sasha folded her arms and pouted, "when she does it it's cute. But when I—"

The staff took the tops off the dishes. Immediately the cafeteria fell silent. We all gawked at the slab of red meat before us.

"Now I know it's a special night," One of the Survey Corps cooks said, "But we don't need the public knowing about our little treat. So behave like the disciplined soldiers you are."

Connie muttered lowly, unaware that he was voicing his thoughts out loud, "Wait... what... I don't... understand?"

"Am I dreaming..." Sasha whispered to herself.

"Here's to the retaking of Wall Maria!" The cook said cheerfully, raising a glass. "A toast!"

But the chaos had already ensued. Soldiers at each table incited a ruckus as they fought over slices of meat. Some took slices too big, some complained they were left slices too small, others claimed they deserved seconds based on how many titans they killed in the last expedition. At our table, however...

"Drop it," I said as Jean and I wrestled to get the meat out of Sasha's jowls, "Drop it..." I coerced her using dog tactics, but nothing seemed to work. The manic girl only bit down tighter.

"C'mon potato girl! You know damn well you aren't eating this all yourself!" Jean growled, also feisty with hunger. Any minute now and he'd start foaming at the mouth.

Connie kept her in a headlock. Tears brimmed at his eyes. "Please Sasha, I don't wanna have to kill you..."

Jean finally yanked hard enough that the meat popped out. There were a few bite marks on the side of it, but what the hell. It's food.

"Jean, watch out—"

Jean's scream cut me off. Heads turned to witness the savage spectacle as Sasha got a taste of his hand. He tried to shake her off, and I tried to pry open her teeth, but the girl was clamped on good.

"Wow, does the Survey Corps rarely get served meat?" Marlowe, an ex-military police brat, commented passively. Protein was obviously a norm in the MPs.

Sasha suddenly punched him in the nose and he jerked backwards, groaning.

"Connie, will you just knock her out already." Mikasa droned. She was hardly affected by Sasha's fist gutting her torso. The girl might as well have been punching steel.

"I'M TRYING!" He protested as she writhed in his hold, "It's like her mind checked out but her body is acting of it's own accord!"

I grabbed Eren's wooden plate. "Watch out," I muttered and bringing it up high, I conked Sasha in the back of the head. She blacked out instantly.

"That came in handy." Eren chuckled, watching as Connie mumbled a thanks and dragged the brunette away from the dinner scene.

I put his plate back. "It's been a while since we had to put her in her place, don't you think?" I said reminiscently while Jean cut me a portion and put it on my plate. I grabbed my fork, unable to stifle a little smile as I remembered our trainee days, "Those days feel like a lifetime ago."