𝒌𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒓

GENIUS. BUT ALSO dangerous.

That's what our plan is. Now we just keep guard, watch it unfold, and hope it all runs smoothly.

"I don't like this..." I say.

Armin is currently getting fondled in a warehouse, and Jean is tied to a chair unable to help his friend, probably regretting his decision to become Eren's body double. Well, technically it wasn't his choice. We kind of forced him to do it. He's the only one who bears any resemblance to the titan boy, no matter how much Eren might say it isn't true.

"Those bastards... I can't believe the interior military police would hire amateurs to kidnap Eren and Historia. They can't even do their own dirty work." I grate my two blades against each other, sharpening them.

"Yeah," Corporal Levi says. He squints at nothing in particular. His voice is far away, lost in thought. "It's almost too hard to believe..."

Corporal Levi, Nifa, and I are on a rooftop in the center of Trost. We monitor the wagon with the real Eren and Historia inside, keeping an eye on it to make sure they get to the safe house unharmed. Just like planned.

I'm sure Mikasa and the other's have taken care of those kidnappers by now. They're strong and Sasha's good with a bow. It should be easy work.

Nifa surveys the wagon quietly through a telescope. So far, it hasn't gone much distance due to the unfortunate amount of traffic on the streets.

"How's your leg?" I ask the Corporal, noticing him massaging his knee.

He blinks out of his reverie. Looking at me, his tense expression loosens just a bit. "Its doing better." He assures.

I half-smile. Then, taking a moment to stop and actually look at him, I get a sudden wave— a sudden rush of emotion. I don't let it show. But on the inside this simple fact makes me feel complete: I'm with my father. My father. It is still so hard to believe at times. I look at him and I'm so used to just seeing the Corporal, my superior, that I sometimes need to look a second time just to catch a glimpse of the man behind that: Levi, my father.

Lately he's been letting his walls down. I've noticed small changes, like how his voice is gentle when addressing me and the way his cold facade drops ever so slightly when I'm in the room. Other people have noticed too. I guess since he's trying to open up, I should make an effort too. Adjusting is difficult, but I know this will point us in the right direction. Yes, we've found each other, but have we actually met each other?

If only the world wasn't so damn cruel. If only there was peace, and we could live a life outside the walls without titans and a government that wants to imprison us. Then maybe... I could actually be the daughter he needs.

"Corporal, the wagon's almost on the move again." Nifa says.

The Corporal hears her, but doesn't give much of a reaction. He is far, far gone. What is going on in that head of his?

"Have you two ever heard of Kenny the Ripper?" He finally speaks.

Kenny the what? I am beyond clueless.

Nifa looks amused. "That mass murderer in the capital? The one who slit the throats of over a hundred MPs? Of course, but that's just an urban legend."

"The stories are all true. He's no legend." His eyes glint like steel. "I lived with him. Back when I was a kid."

An awkward pause. I don't know what to say, or how to even address the topic. Where the hell is this bizarre new information coming from?

"Yeah. Very funny, sir." Nifa laughs nervously. She returns to surveying the wagon. "This isn't the time to be making jokes."