𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒆

"WHO'S SIDE IS Ymir on?" Jean asks

"WHO'S SIDE IS Ymir on?" Jean asks. "And why did she take Krista?"

We all chase after the Armored Titan. Ymir is perched on his shoulder in her titan form, holding Krista captive in one hand. Bertolt is on the other shoulder with Eren tied to his back and gagged.

The sight makes me sick.

"She obviously isn't on our side..." I say, "but it doesn't matter. If she wants to stand in our way, she'll pay the consequences." I ready my gear. "We're at a suitable distance! Let's go!"

We fly off our horses and make straight for the armored titan. I'm the quickest to get there. I spot Bertholdt and he sees me too. His eyes immediately grow wide with terror.

"Reiner!" He yells. "Protect us!"

Just as I bring down my blade with the intention of slicing him to pieces, the Armored Titan uses its large hand to block me. My blades clang uselessly against the armored fingers. Are you fucking kidding me? I let out a scream of frustration.

The others join me on the Armored Titan's shoulder. We try peeking through the cracks between the fingers, trying to catch a glimpse of Eren and Bert in there. Sounds of struggle can be heard from the inside, along with the occasional plead for Eren to stay still.

Jean scoffs. "You're asking for too much, Bert. You know it's impossible to calm him down, right? He's loud and annoying! Trust me, I hate that about him too. So... come out of there. We can deal with him together." He tries to convince him.

"Bertholdt!" Mikasa bangs on the armored hand. "Give Eren back!"

Connie just looks hurt. "Bertholdt, tell me it's not true! Reiner? Were you deceiving us the whole time?"

"Damn right..." I chuckle bitterly, "I guess that's all it ever was. An act. You know, sometimes I wonder... who do you think you are?" I glare up at the armored titan's face. "Coming into our lives just to fool us like this. For three years you fed us lies and now you're revealing your true colors. Doesn't that bother you?"

"Yeah. Are you guys planning on running away like this?" Jean asks. "You can't do that! Three years ago we were all under the same roof, laughing and crying together... Bertholdt, you made bad sleeping posture into an art form! We'd look forward to your new creation every morning! We'd even use it to predict the weather..." his voice drops in realization. "Now... I can't believe you could sleep at all. Right next to the victims of your crimes!"

"Was it all a lie?" Connie questions sincerely. "When you said we would all survive, and live to be old men and go drinking together... Was it—"

"None of that matters." Mikasa interrupts. "Just focus on killing them. It's their choice to be a threat to humanity."