𝙖𝙥𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨

❝ I have stood for thousands of years and have not faltered;The day I met you,my legs shook

I have stood for thousands of years and have not faltered;
The day I met you,
my legs shook. ❞

-unknown

I CHECK THE rusty mailbox...

Empty. Still no reply.

I'm not surprised, though. Sighing, I close it and go back inside the castle.

I've written three times to Annie. And after weeks and weeks, she's failed to respond to my letters. I'm not offended or anything, but I am a bit concerned. She should know I'm not the best at being 'friend material', so she shouldn't make this any harder than it is. Maintaining friendships is tricky.

I'm sure she's just busy with work in the Military Police. She'll write back soon.

I make my way to the dining hall where we planned to meet. Commander Erwin called a few of us in for a meeting. He said it was to discuss "important revelations". Whatever that means.

I walk into the dining hall and immediately regret it. Sitting there is Corporal Levi, at the very end of the table holding a cup of tea. And he's the only one here besides myself. I stop at the doorway, but I know that its too late to back out now. He already saw me.

I quickly regain my composure and take a seat. I pretend I'm alone and that he doesn't exist. He seems to get the drift, letting out a subtle "tch".

Dammit, I think. Stupid Eren. He promised he would be here early so I wouldn't be stuck alone with this prick.

The silence is awfully uncomfortable. Every minute makes me more and more desperate for someone— anyone— to walk through that door.

"Insubordination is a crime."

I look at the Corporal, though he doesn't make eye contact with me. I'm surprised he has the balls to break the silence. But I'm also annoyed. The last thing I want is to talk to him. Yeah, the whole slap showdown was a week ago. But my pride still hurts like it happened an hour ago.

"Haircuts like yours should be a crime too." I shrug.

He closes his eyes as though asking for patience. "Insufferable brat," he says, "you don't get it, do you?"

I stare back quietly. I didn't "get it"? Get what?

He sighs. "Insubordination is a crime. In case you've forgotten, you're under our custody only because Judge whatever-his-name-is let us have you. You and Eren are technically still under probation. Erwin would've had to report your rebellious behavior. So I had to make it seem like I had you under control. Either that, or you probably would've served months in prison. Not to mention the Survey Corp's would lose custody of you, putting you back in that predicament you found yourself in during Jaeger's trial." He stares hard at the wall in front of him. "Thats why... I did what I did."