𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒉

I DONT WANT to wake up.

Well, to think so consciously like this means I'm already awake. But point to the matter— I don't want to move.

I mean, am I even physically capable? I just don't think I can do it. I'm so warm, sinking into the mattress, curled up and happier than a cat sunbathing on an early summer morning.

Eren rolls onto his side and wraps his arm around me.

Wait.

Eren put his arm around me.

My eyes fly open wide. He pulls me closer, caging me against his chest like he doesn't plan on letting me go anytime soon, nose buried in my hair.

Ha... I almost forgot the events of last night.

Wow. We, uh... really did that.

Not that I'm complaining, of course.

I close my eyes knowing full well that all sleep is lost at this point. "We should wake up."

He lets out a groan. "You're right... we should. But we won't." He hugs me tighter. Sheesh, he's like a damn parasite.

Again... not complaining.

I smirk. "Seriously. The Corporal will notice we're cheating out of our morning chores."

"He's short, he can't do anything about it."

I look over my shoulder at him, a skeptical eyebrow raised.

He sighs. "Alright, I guess he is capable of kicking my ass. And he probably will if he sees you coming out of my room. He'll put two and two together and next thing you know, you'll be picking out flowers for my grave."

I laugh softly. I roll onto my side so I'm facing him now, his lips pressed against my forehead. I take in his warmth.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, rubbing my back.

"Great. A little, um... sore." I say sheepishly. "But overall, great."

He chuckles, his eyes twinkling. "I love you."

My face heats up. "I love you too."

"So..." He walks his fingers down my bare shoulder. "Are you up for round two?"

Common sense warns me we really should be getting out of bed.

But damn, that devilish grin of his has me sold.

I giggle as he climbs on top and starts peppering kisses along my jaw.

Then I hear footsteps.

"Shh— wait." I freeze.

"Hm?" He says into my neck.

More footsteps.

Eren hears them this time and we both stare at each other in fear as they get closer and closer.

"Quick! Get under the bed."

I roll over without hesitation and drop to the floor, crawling under the bed. With the last few seconds we have I reach out and grab my scattered articles of clothing. I just barely snatch back a sock when the door bursts open.

"Dammit, Jaeger. Wake up. We all wish we could sleep in. Think you're special?" I hear Jean's voice. I watch his shoes, the quietest I've ever been in my life, as they take two steps inside the room.

"Who the hell do you think you are, invading my privacy!" Eren shoots back.

"Privacy doesn't exist when you're in the military. Are you always this irritable in the morning? Anyway, get ready and head downstairs. Some idiot knocked the dishes down last night and left all the little pieces—"