First day in Auradon Part 2

Chelsey's POV

I look at the to big metal doors leading to the amphitheater. I'm happy that Mal decide not to walk me in but I'm also kind of nervous since I'm walking in by myself. Guess I should just get it over with. I pull open the door and flutter inside. The room was almost empty. There was only a few other kids on the other side of the theater, along with Lonnie and eight guys with masks on in the middle. I couldn't tell which was Jay so I just stood by the door and waited.

"Alright men, En garde," Lonnie paused, "Allez!" The nine then went to clinking the swords together and soon people started stopping and standing on the sidelines. I spotted a certain white haired friend of mine taking his mask off.

"Carlos." I say for him to turn around and smile at me. He comes over.

"Hey, what are you doing here? I thought you'd be enrolling." He says as the sound of clinking swords slows.

"I already did that. Mal said to stay with you and Jay while she went to do some Court stuff." I explain for him to nod. We turn our attention back to Lonnie and a guy clinking swords. I think the guy is Jay because all the other boys here have there masks off and none of them are him. After a few more minutes, Lonnie kicks Jay's sword out of his hands and pokes him in the chest. The two then take off their masks.

"Good job Jay, you almost got me a few times." Lonnie says before turning to the other boys, "alright men, we have a match tomorrow, we'll be meeting again at three o'clock today." The team nods then head out the door on the opposite side of the theater. Jay and Lonnie then come over to me.

"Heya Champ, guess Mal dropped you off early." Jay says, ruffling my hair.

"Yeah, she dropped me off before your final match at. . . Whatever that was." I say unsure of the sport they were playing.

"It's called fencing. The trick is to use the metal swords to tap the other person's chest." Lonnie explains, placing her and Jay's swords in a barrel, "I'll catch you guys later, got some work I have to catch up on." The three of us nod and say see ya before heading out to the hallway.

"So I guess Mal showed you all your classrooms and stuff right?" Jay asks.

"Yeah, she also showed me the other places like the library, cafeteria, kitchen, computer labs, science labs, and some hideaway places too."

"Guess she didn't have time to show you the tourney field." Carlos states as we go downstairs, them walking, and me flying.

"The what?" I asked before we go out two doors that lead outside. I seen a huge field with white lines and a giant red strip down the middle of it.

"Wow, what is that?" I ask, flying higher to get a better view.

"This is the tourney field. The idea is to get the ball in the net with one of the sticks." Carlos explained.

"What's with the giant red part?" I call, flying back down.

"That's the kill zone." Jay says.

"The what!?" I look at them wide eyed. I didn't think the sports here would be that dangerous since everyone here is mortal.

"Calm down," Carlos paused, "that's just what it's called. It's just a place where a player has to dodge flying disk that are being shot at them."

"Oh," I breathed, "do they hurt?"

"Only when you get hit." Jay chuckled, "C'mon, I'll show you one of them." We then head over but then hear someone calling Carlos. I turn to see a burnette in a cheer costume run up to him.

"Hey Jane," Carlos smiled.

"Hey, I was going to talk to you at breakfast but I couldn't find you." Jane says before Carlos introduces us. As Jane starts talking to him, I feel a tap on my shoulder.