Disaster

Mal's POV

I was in my dorm with Evie sewing a new outfit when there's a knock.

"Come in." We call for Lonnie to burst through the door.

"Evie, I have a huge problem!" She says for Evie to drop her stuff and take the dress from Lonnie.

"The zipper's messed up. Think you can fix it?"

"Sure I can," Evie pauses before looking at her, "but what happened to the new dress I made for your test?"

"This one's not for that. I took the test this morning. Totally failed it." She admits for me to chuckle.

"Well, if not for that, then for what?" I ask, looking up from my homework.

"Well," she pauses, "Jay's taking me out tonight."

"Ooooooooh." Me and Evie tease making our friend blush.

"He's taking me to celebrate getting done with the test. It's not technically a date."

"Riiight. It's just to say 'good job' for finishing the test. Not because you two had a make out session last night that basically said you were interested." I smirk at her.

"Er, right." She says before Dizzy comes in.

"Lonnie, we need to get started. C'mon." She says grabbing Lonnie's wrist and pulling her out. I chuckle before hearing Evie squeal.

"Ooooooh her and Jay will be soooo cute together!" I smile and roll my eyes before sitting up.

"Speaking of Jay, wonder how him and Chelsey are doing at the gem caves. Hopefully she doesn't fill up on gemstones. Ms. Potts made her another cupcake for her birthday. This time, red velvet rubie."

"I'm guessing she didn't have enough sapphires for a blueberry sapphire cupcake?" Evie asks as she threads a needle.

"That, but she wanted to try something different. I told her Chels was also a fan of rubies and she said she'd try using them. I just hope it's not any trouble for her."

"It probably isn't. Besides, she's probably still thankful. Chelsey did save Chip's life."

"True. Let's just hope that her new wings will be just as easy for her to control."

"She's getting new ones?" E says looking up from the dress.

"Oh I thought I told you." I pause sitting up, "Jay said that after her birthday she goes through something called the molt. It apparently only happens in years where you go from one age section, like preteen, to another, like teen."

"Okay, so what's supposed to happen during it?"

"Basically, it's like dragon puberty. So she'll have bad acne for 24 hours, then she'll get stiff wings, then fire hiccups,"

"That's dangerous." Evie interrupts, probably remembering the time Chelsey got fire hiccups when we were 8. Let's just say I still have the mark and it took Evie's hair four months to grow back to what it was originally.

"That's only the start. After the hiccups she'll get hot flashes that can radiate from her. Next is a huge gem craving so best hide your gemstones."

"I'll see what I can do." She says cutting the thread to tie a knot, "What comes next?"

"Low blood sugar. Jay said that it'll make her feel really weak so she'll probably stay in bed all day."

"I can have Dizzy bring over her homework."

"Good, she'll need to do it before the last stage."

"Which is?"

"Jay said it was like a cocoon type shell. I'm not really sure what it is but after Chelsey's out, she's supposed to have her new teen wings."