You Wanna Bet?

"Maybe if I just stuck around the gem cave? Or maybe I should just sleep through the day. Hmmm. . ." I say to myself as I flutter toward the tournity field. I was reading my spell book to find some way to . . . I don't know, stop time? Go back in time so when whatever happens happens I can go back and warn myself? I have no idea what I'm looking for. I'm just looking for something. I look through my book but then noticed the new tournity team practicing and see four balls flying towards me.

"Chelsey! Look out!" I hear Tyler yelling. Before I levitate one of th he sticks up and catch all four balls, without even looking up from my book.

"Amazing." I hear Coach Jenkins breath as I come over.

"You should really be more careful with these, you could seriously hurt someone." I say, putting the balls in the bucket and laying the stick on the bench. The coaches share a look.

"Hey, Chelsey, think you could grab that stick? Without your magic this time." Coach Jenkins asks for me to shrug.

"Sure," I pause, picking it up, "What do you want me to do with it?"

"Just catch any balls that come your way." He says for me to nod. I look around to see some guys wacking five balls in my direction. I catch them with ease before catching eight more to my left. Pretty soon I have like twenty tournity balls in the catcher stick thing.

"Excellent work Chelsey." Coach Jenkins says as I put down the stick, "You ever think of joining the team?"

"What! No way!" I hear Arnold say as the team comes over.

"Why not Arnold?" Tyler asks, "I didn't see anything in the handbook that says girls couldn't play."

"Because girls aren't tough enough to take a hit from the disks and she'll want to stop the game to redo her hair or something."

"Arnold, she dealt with much harder things on Bald Mountain. I think she can take on our measly aluminum discs." Jay disagrees.

"Maybe," Arnold's friend paused, "but, Coach, she has magical abilities, the other teams will think we're cheating."

"Chelsey would never use her magic for cheating." Quigley argued, causing the team to start fighting, before the coach gets our attention.

"Judging from the fact that she had the best time on the obstacle course, and has excellent catching abilities, I believe she'd be a good addition."

"But what about if her wing gets hurt? She won't be any use if she can't fly." Arnold states.

"Um, I could still run." I say sending him a glare. What is it with him?

"Yeah but not fast enough to keep up with us." He says motioning to the boys.

"You wanna bet?" I ask, folding my arms.

"Yeah. I'll bet." He paused coming up to me, "You and me, right here, right now. No magic, no wings, no help. You win, girls get on the team, but if I win, no girls allowed." He smirks.

"Fine." I say taking a magical ribbon out of my flameventory. It works so when I where it I can't use any magic. I have Tyler tie it to my wrist as Carlos tries my wings down with some bandages. This ought to be fun.

Jay's POV

"Yeah. I'll bet." Arnold paused going up to Chelsey, "You and me, right here, right now. No magic, no wings, no help. You win, girls get on the team, but if I win, no girls allowed." He smirks. I look at Coach.

"Are you really gonna allow this?" I whispered.

"I'll let her on either way, but it's always interesting to see how the guy will react when he gets beaten by a girl." He says for me to chuckle. I look over to see the two tweens at the starting line.