Brithday on the Isle

Mal POV

I head down the hallway to talk to Ben. This thing about the new demon coming from Bald Mountain has just been bugging me all day. I make it to his door and knock.

"Come in." He calls. I open the door and see him at his desk.

"Mal." He smiles, getting up, "what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I need to talk to you about the vote." I say, biting my lip. He gives me a concern look.

"The vote? Didn't you hear it at the meeting? We're aloud to bring one over," He smiles, "and I've already chosen her."

"Who?"

"Her name is Crystal Ash. Her father works for Chernabog." He says.

"Oh," I pause, finding his rug the most interesting thing in the room.

"Hey," he lifts my chin. "Why so worried?"

"It's just- I haven't told Chelsey about it yet and I think she's not going to be happy about it." I explain. He kisses my hand.

"Hey, It'll be okay. You're taking her to the isle tonight, why not talk to her about it sometime then?"

"I guess I can. When is this new demon supposed to come?"

"In about a week. Gives us time to get ready for her." He says, before kissing my temple and whispering in my ear, "It's gonna be alright. . . I love you."

"I love you too." I smile at him before we kiss.

"Yuck!" We here Chelsey exclaim. We pull apart to see her in the doorway.

"Don't you two know how many germs come when you kiss someone?" She asks for me to roll my eyes.

"Then I guess you got infected when Quigley kissed you." I shoot back.

"Wait, he kissed you?" Ben asked, eyes wide.

"It was only on the cheek, and it was more sanitary than on the lips." Chels pauses, turning red, "Anyway, we going to the isle or not?"

"We are." I pause turning back to Ben, "I'll see you when we get back." I give him a quick peck before heading down the hall with Chelsey. We head outside and grab my scooter.

"Helmet." I say, giving her the one I had special made just for her.

"Do I have to?" She asks for me to give her a glare.

"Do you want to wear it, or have a fat lip for your birthday?"  I ask for her to put the thing on.

"Feels weird." She pouts as I check the strap of it, making sure it's snug.

"Gonna have to get used to it. Coach Jenkins makes everyone where one for tournity." I climb on my scooter.

"Didn't make me where one this afternoon." She argues, climbing behind me and holding onto my shoulders.

"He's getting you one made special, since you're the only one on the team that has horns." I explain, "Now ready?" She nods as I start it and we head to the edge of Auradon.

Later

Chelsey's POV

"Ooooh, happy birthday, young one!" Aunt Queenie says hugging me tightly as Jafar comes over.

"Thanks Aunt Queenie." I say as we release and Jafar ruffles my hair.

"Gonna be an officially teenager, Champ. How's it feel?" He asks.

"Pretty good. Exciting. I can't wait to finally get my teenage wings. They're supposed to be twice as strong as the ones I have now." I say for them to smile.

"Well, then you will need something special to give them an extra nice shine." Aunt Queenie states going over to the bookshelf, "Lucky for you we got you something of the sort."

"Oh you didn't have to get me anything."

"Oh pish posh, it wasn't that hard to buy. We just had to go to Hades' to exchange the money from the shop into demon coins." She grabs a paper bag and comes back over.

"Could've wrapped it better if someone hadn't of stolen all my wrapping paper." Jafar states.

"Oh it's alright." I pause taking the bag. "I think this kind of wrapping is the easiest to take off." I open the bag and pull out a small can of Sparkle's Extra Shine Wing Polish.

"Sparkle's Extra Shine Wing Polish!?" I gasp, "This wasn't suppose to be out the shelves yet. How did you get it?"

"I know someone, and for the price I gave, I'm happy it came in a decent size jar." Aunt Queenie states, "Now, how bout some cake?"

Mal's POV

"Well, then you will need something special to give them an extra nice shine." EQ states going over to the bookshelf, "Lucky for you we got you something of the sort." Guess it was a good thing I didn't go with getting Chels that wing polish. I jump down from the boxes I was on to see inside one of the windows. 

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Mal Bertha. Long time no see." I hear an annoying pirate voice say.

"Heya Croc bait." I say turning to see Harriet and two of her pirates coming down the alley.

"Ooooh, right where it hurts." She says for us to laugh, "What are you doing back here?"

"Came to let Chelsey celebrate her birthday. Can't have a party but I figured that she wouldn't want to just stay in our dorm all day." I explain for her to nod.

"Understandable. However, I think Blaze is planning on giving her something over at her Dad's place."

"Thanks for the memo. We can head over after she's done with EQ and Jafar." I shake my head, "Man, can't believe how much they spoil her."

"I know right? They're almost as bad as how my Dad spoils CJ." Harriet chuckles, "How is she anyway?"

"Pretty good, as far as I know. I think she's interested in Tinkerbell's kid."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, she ain't allowed to date anybody till she's at least sixteen. Harry should be telling her that."

"Well, I haven't heard him say anything to her, but you know she'll have to start dating eventually Harriet." She sighs.

"I know, but I can't force myself to actually think that the squirt is gettin' to be all grown up. I mean it was just yesterday that she was running around with your squirt playing tag."

"Tell me about it." I chuckle, "But you know what they say, 'if you don't let them out the front door,"

"They'll be sneaking out the window." We say in unison. She then says she has to get back to her Dad's shop and we bid each other farewell before Chelsey comes back out with a peice of cake. I eye the slice and smirk.

"Spoiled rotten little squirt aren't ya?" I tease.

"Let's just say, they realized what they lost when you and the others left." She says offering me the cake. I take it before saying Blaze wanted us over at Hades' place. Hopefully she got my present I asked her to order.

Will Blaze have the present Mal ordered? Will a disaster ruin Chelsey's birthday. Stay tuned to find out?

So so soooooooo sorry for not updating in almost a month. College is horrible and I got a million things due. But stay tuned, because I have new and really exciting ideas on the way. As for now, hope you enjoyed the chapter!