Taming the Storm and A Parasite

Still Mal's POV

"Alright. Stay safe. Bye." I hear Evie say as she comes back over to where me, Fish bait and Jane are. We had gotten into the lounge with everyone else and I had just finished with explaining my sister's birthday hatred to Melody.

"Did they make it to the Outlet?" I ask as she sits next to me.

"They made it but they'll have to stay there till the storm passes." I look out at the storm.

"With how it's holding up, they may have to stay there all night." I reply before a flash of lightning causes another power surge. I then hear the kids come in with their sleeping bags, but Chelsey isn't with them.

"Because it's no fun if you don't take a dare." CJ pauses, "You have to take at least one."

"Fine." Diz sighs as the four sit around the coffee table and get back to their game.

"Diz, where's Chelsey?" I ask confused as to why my sister would miss an opportunity to pick on her friends.

"I thought she was with you. She said she was going to get her spell book and take care of something."

"She didn't say what? That's not like her." Evie points out. Hm, maybe she's just in the kitchen getting some snacks? But she shouldn't be hungry. She had dinner and the Ruby cupcake Ms. Puffs gave her. Hmmm. . . .

"Mal!" I blink and turn to Melody.

"Sorry what?"

"I said 'I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.' Now you want to be dealt into UNO Dare or-" Melody gets cut off by a loud roar from outside.

"Tell me that wasn't. . ." I drift off looking at the window again.

"It was." Evie sighs before everyone runs to the windows. We see Chelsey in her dragon form diving through the clouds, before she flys back up into them.

"What is she doing?" Jane asks I didn't catch the answer though. I had already started heading to the entryway of the school where I'm stopped by Ben.

"Mal, where are you going?"

"To get Chelsey." I reply before noticing that his clothes were soaked, "I'm guessing you got caught in the storm?" He nods.

"It came out of nowhere when I was on my way here. I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"That's sweet, but right now I have a sister I have to take care of."

"But Mal, it's pitch black out there and the wind's howling like mad. You'll never be able to find her."

"I have to try!" I snap before racing outside. I turn into my dragon form and fly up, only to nearly fall out of the sky. I flap hard against the winds as the rain felt like bullets against my scales.

"Chelsey!" I called trying to make my voice louder than the storm, "Chelsey!"

I sense a present coming towards me before hearing Chelsey.

"Mal, what are you doing out here!?"

"I could ask you the same question!" I yell as the wind picks up. I flap hard but the wind blows me backwards. I feel Chelsey grab my claw.

"If we wanna talk we need to get above this storm! C'mon!" She yells before I feel her pulling me upwards. I flapped my wings as hard as I could but the downward pelts of hail that started hitting me felt more like knives. We were still heading up when Chelsey jerks me to the right.

"Hey!" I scream before a crack of lightning shoots out of the clouds next to us.

"Don't 'hey' me for saving your life. Now hold your breath we're going through!" She yells before we go through the clouds. I held my breath but knew I wouldn't last long. I can't hold my breath longer than a minute.