Black out Part 2

Previously: ". . . . maybe now the party will pick up."

"I doubt it. Everyone's still pretty annoyed with the rain ruining the phone signal." Carlos states for me to look around. Everyone was either trying to find service or just looked bored.

"Well, what do you guys do besides mess with your phones?"

"Not much really, unless there's a dance." Jay says. I look around again and spot Lonnie helping Jane set up a speaker of some sort. I fly over and ask them about it.

"My Dad found this speaker that runs on a car battery and some cordless mics. He said that we could use them to do karaoke with." Lonnie explains before testing a mic.

"Does it have to be karaoke?" I ask, thinking that if I could get everyone out of their rotten moods then the fun will begin.

"Well no, I guess not. Why? You got something planned?" She asks raising an eyebrow.

"Eh, I've been working on some new stuff." I shrug before the two ask if I'd want to start them off with my act.

"Sure. Why not?" I reply. Lonnie then grabs a mic.

"Auradon Prep! Attention please!" She paused as everyone looked at her, "We have a special act here, all the way from Bald Mountain, here's Chelsey Chernabog!" She says before passing me the mic.

Mal's POV

Lonnie just announced that Chelsey's doing an act. Everyone claps as Lonnie passes the mic to Chels.

"Hey guys," Chelsey paused looking around, "so, little bit about me. The horns came in when I was 2, and yes, I've heard every bull and rodeo joke in the book." She says as everyone chuckles.

"As for my wings, I was born with them, and because I have wings, people think a lot of things about, you know, I get stereotyped a lot. Like I remember, at my old school, I was talking to my friends and I had said that I really wanted to go out for the basketball team, and one of them said, 'mm, I don't think you should cause wouldn't it take away time from the reptile club?' I look at them and I'm like, 'I'm in the reptile club?' And they were like, 'You're not, in the reptile club?'" Chelsey paused as the room fills with laughter.

"I moved here a week ago, been here about a week, it's different from the isle. Here the teachers are happy to see you in class, like, 'Good morning everyone!', on the isle it's 'Oh, you're here.'" The crowd cackles as Chelsey scrunches her nose.

"And then you have those one teachers that recognize you as someone's sibling. Here I got, 'Oh you must be Mal's sister! So excited to have you in class!' On the isle, complete opposite, when the teacher found out that a student had a younger sibling, they dreaded the day that the sibling would show up." Chelsey states for everyone to chuckle, "and I'll never forget, my first day back to school on the isle, I had moved back from Bald Mountain, Professor Yzma's class, she struts in," Chelsey mimicks the walk making everyone snicker, "looks around," She looks around the room, squinting exactly like the mad woman, "sees me." Chelsey widens her eyes before going back to squinting, "Ooooh," she groans, doing a perfect impression of our old teacher, "you must be Mal's little sister." Chelsey rolls her eyes, which makes everyone roar with laughter.

"It's even funnier because you know that's exactly what she'd do." I say to Evie as we go into another round of giggles.

"But it's not just the teachers. The classes are very different too. I was going over my schedule a week ago, and most of them made since, you know, history, math, and Remedial Goodness, makes since. I'm a villain's kid, but then I seen one that was over 'fire safety'." Chelsey looks around with a confused face, "What? Fire safety? I mean, I've heard of fire throwing, fire wielding, fire walking, I've even played fire dodge ball people! But fire safety? All I was thinking was 'what kind of a sport is that?" She says for the crowd to laugh.