It Begins . . .

Mal's POV

I was in a room painted pure grey, there were machines everywhere and a huge table in the middle.

"We're loosing her doctor!" I hear a woman yell before a group of demons in scrubs burst through the door with someone on the gurney. The creature had a huge wound on their face and a horn cut off, one of their wings was sliced and their haired saturated in blood. I wanted to throw up at the smell.

"Stay with us Princess." One of the nurses says. Princess!? I push past the nurses and look at the unconscious demon. No. . .

I looked down at the one thing I vowed to keep safe. . . Chelsey.

"No." I gripped onto her bloody uniform, "Chelsey. . ."

"Miss, you can't be here." The doctor said as I felt him pulling on my shoulders.

"No! Chelsey c'mon!" I whispered, tears welling up in my eyes as I gripped tighter.

"Miss-"

"Chelsey wake up!" I screamed as I felt more arms pulling me away. I finally lost my grip.

"Chelsey! No! Chelsey!" I cried as I was pulled through the swinging door and into darkness. Hearing the faint cry of Chelsey.

"Mal? Mal! Mal!"

My eyes shot open and I see Chelsey staring down at me.

"Chelsey!" I say pulling her into me as I pant.

"You were screaming for me in your sleep. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah," I pause, wiping my eyes before releasing her, "just a bad dream."

"You want to talk about it? It sounded really bad." She asks as I sit up from my sweat ridden side of the bed.

"No, no, it was just a dream. It didn't make any sense." I lie.

"Still, Evie says that dreams can have psychological effects on someone."

"Yeah, well, Evie also said I looked good as a blonde."

"True." She sighs, "Anyway, it's nine o'clock now. Think we should start heading back? Even if I'm just going to hang around the gem caves and hope nothing bad happens all day."

"Um, sure. Just, let me get something." I say for her to nod and flutter out. I go to my closet and find my present before heading down.

"I'm not putting this thing on till we're out of here." Chelsey says looking up from her helmet. I chuckle.

"You can put it on at the edge of the isle." I pause climbing on. We get to the edge and she does the spell. As we skid across the top of the water, I think about telling her about the new demon.

"Chelsey," I pause, "how would you feel if-Whoa!" We hit land and nearly lose balance.

"It's the curse. You good?" She asks as I get to the road.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Anyway-"

"Look out!" She screams in my ear as a branch falls into our path. I managed to swerve and miss it but a rockslide lands in the road, making us stop.

"Maybe you should just drop me off at the forest." She suggests. I sigh knowing she's gonna go there anyway once we get back to school, but first she needed to see the others.

"After you see the others. You know they'll want to wish you a happy birthday." She groans.

"Can't they just come here?" She asks as we take another path through the forest.