Explanation and Brownies

Chelsey POV

"Okay, Champ, start talking." Mal says, after we pulled away from the woods. I sigh.

"Okay, well, I thought something in the soup tasted familiar last night, but I couldn't pinpoint what. Then, after I woke up at four in the morning and seen the spots, I realized it was the mushrooms in the soup."

"Mushrooms?" Evie asks as we get onto the main road. I nod.

"They're a special mushroom, called prank shroom. They're harmless but they do have a defense that cause people to have, um, humorous effects. In the demon realm, you just had to stand within five feet of them and they'd affect you."

"So what's the cure?" Mal questioned.

"Demon Brownies, but the recipe's not easy to make. You need specific ingredients and have to follow the directions exactly. I was just in the middle of finishing the mixing portion when Arnold came by and started his rant. Now, since he ruined that batch. I'll have to have my Dad send me most of the ingredients. "

"Well, can't you use substitutes?" Jane asks as we stop for a light.

"Eh, it's not the best idea. Me and my Dad tried it once with regular mortal supplies. It exploded the kitchen." I explain for everyone's eyes to widen.

"Okay, so you're Dad will have to send you the right ingredients. How soon can he send them?" Ben asks as we pull into the school driveway.

"Hard to say. I can send him a message now, but he'll probably get annoyed that I woke him up, but if he sends the stuff sometime today, I'll be able to make them tomorrow. It just depends on if Dad wants to get up or not." I say as we get out of the limo and head inside. I look around and bite back a laugh as I see everyone having some crazy weird thing wrong with them. Me, Mal, and Evie head to our dorm so I can send my letter.

"Alright, now we just have to wait for Dad to send the stuff." I pause turning to my sisters, "so what all went on while I was away?"

"Well, first everyone was freaking out over this stuff." Mal starts.

"Then Fairy Godmother said all classes were canceled and everyone who had something wrong go to the infirmary." Evie continued, getting out a small role of fabric.

"We decided that we should help find a cure. So we went to the library to looked in every disease and medical book we could find."

"When we didn't find anything there, we went to the infirmary to see if the others had found anything."

"Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather said that the stuff seemed to be harmless so, but they couldn't pinpoint a cause."

"Merryweather suggested checking the garden since so many of the kids walked around it last night."

"Then after spending two hours looking around there, we decided to grab lunch and send you a scroll to see if you could explain what happened." Mal finished for me to nod.

"Wow, so basically a normal hectic day." I say rolling on my bed.

"Basically." Evie pauses, "So, what all goes in these Demon Brownies?"

"Um," I pause, knowing that if I told them they'd be grossed out by the recipe, "You know, just basic brownie stuff. Flour, milk, eggs, stuff like that."

"So they're just basic brownies?" Mal asks looking over some papers.

"Well we do add in some demonic chocolate that counteracts the prank shroom. I would just give you that, but it's really bitter. It's almost as bad as diamonds." I say before we go back to our own things.