Coming Home

3 months ago

"Cerberus! Get off!" I scream, trying not to laugh. It had been 4 years since I left the Isle and now I finally get to go back, but of course, Cerberus is making it hard.

"Awww, he doesn't want you to leave." My friend Blaze, Hades' daughter laughs coming in.

"Well, sorry boy, but I'm excited to see what my mom and my sister have done since I've been away, so off." I tell Cerberus, who finally gets off my bag. I finish packing and me and Blaze head downstairs to see my dad and Hades talking.

"Ahh, there's my platinum medal olympian!" Dad exclaims once he sees me. I blush. He's been talking about me winning the BMO's ever since the awards ceremony a week ago, it's embarrassing to say the least but I know it's just because he's proud.

"It's not that big of a deal, Dad." I say as we all head to the entry way.

"It is to the souls, ghosts, skeleton ghosts, ghouls, demons, and skeletons around here." Hades says before rubbing his forehead, "I think everyone wanted your autograph after they heard you got platinum, and you know that medal will surprise your mother."

"I hope so." I mumble, remembering my mother's last words to me, 'This is your one chance to prove yourself. Don't blow it.' That's stuck in my head for the past 4 years.

"Oh, I wish you could stay longer!" Blaze whines, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I know, but Mom agreed to four years, besides I can't wait to see Mal and the gang."

"Well, in that case, come here and say goodbye to your favorite Dad." Dad says, shrinking down to that of a normal man. I go over and share a demon hug with him. He may be purly evil, but everyone knows he's got a soft side. I then say goodbye to Blaze and Cerberus and leave with Hades.

After traveling on the train and across the sea to souls, we finally made it back to Hades' Sirloin steak house on the Isle. After we grab lunch he walks me outside.

"Well, this is where my fire trail ends Champ. I got a restrauant to run and you got to get home. Cya around." Hades says before going back inside. I fly to Mom's castle and walk in like I own the place, which I do.

"Excuse you!? Who do you think you are, coming in here like you rule the Isle?!" Ms. Evil Queen asks, not recognising me.

"I think I'm the daughter of Malefecent and Chernabog and the half-sister of Mal." I reply as EQ walks over.

"Chelsey?" She asks, shocked. Bingo!

"Hey, Ms. Evil Queen."

"Chelsey. " She smiles, placing her hands on my shoulders, "My how you've grown."

"Yeah," I pause, "Are Mom and Mal here?"

Her face fell before she gives me a sad look.

"Oh, Chelsey," she pauses, cupping my face, "You've been gone an awful long time. Come." I then follow her up to mine, Mal's, and Evie's room. Hmm, they must be out making mischief in the territory. EQ goes and sits on Evie's bed and pats for me to sit by her.

"Much has happened in the last few months." She starts.

"Like what?"

"Well. . . ."

10 minutes later

Oh my gosh. I can't believe it.

"So Mal and the others are still living there and Mom's a lizard?" I ask for Ms. EQ to nod.

"Yes, and she's still in Auradon too."

"So-" I pause, "So what'll happen to me?"

"Well," She thinks, "Cruella does need someone to do Carlos' chores and Jafar needs help with his shop. I guess, if you work, we'll allow you to stay here." I nod.

"Anythings better than on the streets, but what about you?" I ask.

"Oh, I don't think you'll be any help to me, but if you find a good mirror or something, bring me that. Now, settle in. I'm going to make dinner." EQ states getting up and leaving. I unpack my things and think about taking a nap. I look at my old bed, which was just an old torn up dog bed. I don't think I'll be able to fit anymore. Maybe Mal won't mind if I-- Mal. I look out the window towards Auradon.

"Mal. . ." I say, feeling a sting in my heart. I look over at Evie's side table and grab a picture of the 4. They looked older, about 15-16. Guess I wasn't the only one that changed.

 Guess I wasn't the only one that changed

Wow, the four are still together. . . In Auradon. Not here. I look at Mal.

"You- you stayed. You could've come back and called, wrote a note, left some sort of message, but. . . . you didn't." I swallowed the lump in my throat "You didn't think about me at all. You- you just, forgot." I bit my lip to hold back my tears. "You left me . . . .and you didn't even bother to say goodbye." I layed back on Evie's bed and held the picture close. . . .

Short chapter, I know, but next one should be long. Stay tune!