Change of Perspective

I call Fury down and tell her to put her shoes on.

"We going to the museum now?" She asks, tying her laces.

"Yep. I have some king stuff I have to take care of." I reply as she comes over. After throwing our trash into a nearby bin we go outside and head to the museum. Fury does many advanced tricks on her scooter making me smile at her energy. We finally get to the museum and walk in.

"Wow!" Fury says, "Is that really Ms. Maleficent's spinning wheel!? Is it? Is it?" She asks as she looks at it.

"The one and only, just remember to not touch anything. Okay?" I replied before we head into the back. Fury looked at everything and talked proudly about how she new all of these villains. We head down a hall of paintings and find Chad.

"Heya Chad." I say for him to turn and see me before looking at Fury.

"Hey Ben. What's with the bug?" He asked.

"Hey! I'm not a bug!" Fury exclaims stamping her foot, "I'm a demon! Yep, yep, yep! Daughter of Pain and Panic, Hades' best henchmen!"

"I thought the two of them were guys."

"I got two daddies. I do. I do." Fury says for Chad to look at me. I signal a 'go along with it' sign before he looks back to Fury.

"Wow, well I'm guessing you'd like to visit the underworld room, huh?" Chad said for Fury to perk up.

"Oh! Yes! Yes, yes, yes!" Fury says excitedly.

"Well, it's right through that door." He says, pointing to a door that had a fire symbol on it. Fury runs off into it before I could tell her not to touch anything.

"I thought you were just bringing over kids that were middle school and up. What's she doing here?" Chad asks. Oh boy.

"She got off the isle while the barrier was open so she could come visit Chelsey. She's going home tomorrow." I say for him to huff.

"And you're sure she's not gonna try to do something evil?"

"Chad," I pause, "she's six."

"Well, she could still be evil." He says for me to shake my head.

"Well, I'm guessing you haven't met your cousin Dizzy yet."

"Who?"

"Drezella's daughter?"

"Oh," he paused, "no. Not yet, but I'll probably meet her by the end of the week." I nod before Fury runs up to us.

"Ben! Ben! C'mon! I want to show you something! C'mon! C'mon! C'mon!" She says, tugging on my arm.

"Sorry Fury. I have to go do some paperwork." I pause, "but I think Chad might want a look at it."

"What!? Me!?"

"Great idea! C'mon Chad!" Fury squealed grabbing Chad's wrist and pulling him to the next room. I smile. Let's see how evil he thinks she is after having some time with her.

Chad's POV

I can't believe Ben would do this to me. Getting this bug to drag me along with her. Ugh. Right now we're in the underworld exhibit and the kid's looking at everything.

"Is this supposed to be Ms. Medusa? Not Madam Medusa, but Chelsey's Aunt Medusa. Is it? Is it?" She asks, looking at me from where she stood in front of the statue of the snake haired woman.

"Um yeah. Why?" I ask. Doesn't she know who the evil woman is? She is the daughter of hades minions.

"She doesn't look like that." Fury says, "her eyes are blue on top and flame colored on bottom and the black part is supposed to be thinner. And the snakes are supposed to be turquoise blue! Not green! Nope, nope, nope!" I blink.

"What?"

"Do your ears need checked? I said, Ms. Medusa doesn't look like that. Nope, nope, nope. Why did they make it wrong?" She says irritated.

"Oh um, probably because they didn't get to look into her eyes for long since she's a mo- uh," I pause. Chad, she's six, "uh, I mean they probably didn't get to see her eyes that well since she was busy with her underworld jobs." Fury looks at me but shrugs it off. She looks around some more before saying something.

"Chad, why are there so many paintings?"

"What?"

"Well, I know cameras weren't around when you were little," she paused. How old does she think I am!? "But it's just that, I don't understand what any of those pictures are showing exactly. I don't. I don't."

"Oh, um, well, you see, each picture shows what a . . . . creature, was doing at the time." I explain, "See, like this one shows of a time where Hades was swimming in the sea of souls but instead of painting all the ghosts, the person just painted swirls to represent them." I say pointing to the picture I was standing by. Fury nods before going back to looking around.

"Woah," I hear her gasp, "Chad! Chad! What's this one about?" I go over and see the painting.

"It's about how monsters came to try and run the citizens out of a village but the citizens were fighting to make the monsters leave." I explain, before I sense her move behind me a little.

"Those monsters are really scary. They are, they are," She paused. I'll say. Horns, claws, sharp teeth-

"Especially with those sticks." She finishes. Sticks? I look at the picture again. Oh. . . . . . Ooooh.

"But anyway, c'mon, I want to go see the other parts of the museum." She says, tugging my arm. We head around the museum, with me having to explain everything to her. Honestly, do they not have history class on the isle or something? We finally wind up bumping into Ben.

"There you guys are. I've been looking all over for you."

"Is it time to go back to the school? Is it? Is it?" Fury asks for Ben to nod.

"Yep, by the time we get back, all classes will be over."

"And then Chelsey can take me flying?" She questions fluttering a bit.

"You bet." Ben replies for the kid to race out of the museum as the two of us slowly follow.

"Nice trick you played earlier, Ben." I say as we head outside to see the little imp playing on her scooter.

"Well, you looked bored and I don't think Fury would have liked to just be sitting around while I did paperwork." He replied before calling Fury to no go to far ahead.

"Guess you're right. The homework was really boring to fill out, but listening to her talk about knowing everything about each villain or creater actually made it fun. She seemed so excited when she found out her Dads were in a painting." I chuckled as we get to the park where Fury wants to ride around the path once. Ben says yes for her to take off as we sit on a bench.

"Well, she now thinks everyone she knows is famous, and that's a big deal for a little kid."

"Yeah, she was pointing out everything that needed to be fixed with the statues. Somehow they managed to get Medusa's eyes wrong." I explain for Ben to laugh.

"She actually pointed that out?" I nod.

"Oh, yeah, that. . . . And some other things." I pause, before watching the kid swiveling on her scooter.

"Mind if I ask what else you learned?" Ben asked. I sigh and look at him.

"She's sees the world so differently, Ben. She saw a picture of a war between demons and humans and was scared of the humans. I've never knew a villain kid could be scared . . . but, she was. I guess they are just kids like us." I look at my shoes before feeling Ben slap his hand on my shoulder.

"Now you get it. They're just like us, they just, had it rougher." He says before Fury comes back over.

"Alright! Let's get back to school! Chelsey's gonna take me flying! She is! She is!" Fury squealed before racing the way we had come.

"Wrong way!" We called for her to flutter and do a 180 before she comes racing back by us. We laugh as we stand and start following her. Man, I don't know what it is, but I'm gonna meet my cousin Dizzy today instead of waiting for her to meet me.

Wow! Didn't expect that did ya? Well, stay tuned to find out what surprises lay in store next time!