Chapter 4

Siyeon was in the midst of an emergency operation. No one was sure if she'd live through it - She had fallen off the school roof after all.

Yoobin sat alone on the seats outside the operating room and wrung her hands in worry. She knew why; why Siyeon had fallen. It was because of that bastard, Daniel. She was sure of that.

Whilst in the midst of her deadly thoughts, she felt a man sit in the seat directly beside her.

"Hello, Yoobin." They said in a low tone.

She started. "How do you know my name?"

"As a prosecutor," He grinned briefly with a young face and dimples, perhaps mid to late-twenties. "I can access police records, including the records of each individual officer."

"Who are you and what are you doing here?"

He smiled again and offered a warm business card from the inside-breast pocket of his suit. "Kim Namjoon, Prosecutor. I work at the Lee Jinki Prosecuting Company."

"What is a fancy dressed prosecutor doing talking to me, right now, while I am smeared with my sister's blood? I've had a bad day and I don't want any lies."

"Of course not, Miss Lee, I respect that. But I am on orders from the 'higher ups'', so to say, to tell you quite politely to stop working on the murder case from seven years ago."

"Stop working on it? That would pervert the course of justice!"

"It's not about justice in this case, it's about--"

"Protecting the bloody higher-ups. Yeah, I figured. Is it all about corruption these days?" She spat bitterly. "I will work on that case and my sister's until they are all solved and the perpetrators are behind bars!"

"Too bad, looks like you'll have to break those promises to yourself. If you continue to work on this case--"

"Stop fucking threatening me, asshole! I'm not in a good mood."

"Please, your language is a little crude right now. You'll want to tone that down while you're speaking to me." His calm and cheerful face didn't break at all. "It is not your choice whether you will continue this case. I imagine, maybe, you'll be pulled off the case. Perhaps so you can bereave for your sister..."

Yoobin stood angrily and yelled at him. "My sister is not dead."

"Yet. Look, Yoobin--"

"Do not say my name like you know me!"

"Miss Lee, your sister fell from quite a height, landing on hard stone. She's having some life-saving operation right now, but who's to say that after she's been saved once that she won't die, or just stay in an endless, silent coma?"

"Shut up."

"It's the truth though." Namjoon shrugged. "Then you'll be let off work for a bit, be taken off the case that I'll be able to close once I become the prosecutor of the case. Sit down, Miss Lee. I do not wish to fight with you."

"How can you say that and expect me to agree with you?" Yoobin sat down heavily and put her aching head in her hands.

"I don't expect you to agree, I expect you to comply. If you do not, well, I fear you'll be taken off more than just the case, perhaps your job?"

"You--" Her words were cut off by the loud opening of the operation room's doors and Siyeon was wheeled out calmly under a thick blanket and an oxygen mask. "Siyeon!"

"If you could follow me, I'll take you to Miss Lee's room." One of the nurses said kindly with an odd look at Namjoon. "Is he coming with you?"

"No way." Yoobin said with a disgusted look directed fiercely towards Namjoon.