Chapter 32

"We also need to release that audio of Woojin when he attacked you. That's got some good evidence against Jinki." Jimin suggested. "We should do that first or even right now."

"Go for it." Jin agreed casually with a look at the others, who agreed with those eyes.

"I'll do it then." He turned to the computers and started to send the audio recording via anonymous email to a carefully suggested news site.

Within minutes, he turned back to them with a satisfied grin. "Now let's watch the great man himself fall."

***

Lee Jinki sat in a composed manner in his inconspicuous car as it took him closer to his company and the inevitable reporters that would be waiting there. Namjoon was jogging his knee up and down nervously.

"Stop that." He told him.

"Yes, Jinki." Namjoon nodded asked stopped, allowing himself a small smirk as he looked out of the tinted window at the other traffic.

The hackers were doing their job well.

"Any idea on who released the audio?" Jinki asked without looking at him.

"I got the news site to forward me the address. It's been bounced around servers a lot so I can't say where it originally came from, nor the IP address of where it was sent from."

"So, you can do nothing?" His tone turned even icier.

Namjoon cleared his throat. "Erm, not as of now. The technicians are working on it as we speak..."

"But you don't think they'll find anything."

"Yes." He replied.

"Any further sitings of the man and woman Daniel identified?"

"None." Jinki's eyes narrowed at his words. "But we have been trying."

"And Lee Yoobin?"

"The same. Ah, we're here. Are you ready?"

The car slowed to a halt outside of the steps up to the Lee Jinki Prosecution Company. But neither of them could see the steps through the media mass of sporadically flashing cameras and jittery reporters.

"Of course I am." Jinki replied scornfully and straightened his suit. "Just make sure I'm able to do my speech."

"Yes, sir."

The driver opened the door and sound rushed into the car. Namjoon exited, followed by Jinki, who didn't wince in the bright morning sunlight. 

Questions rained down once he'd exited and led Namjoon up the stairs.

"What do you have to say about the recording?"

"What will you do?"

A cameraman walked backwards ahead of them, filming for the morning news.

Jinki ignored them all with a stony face and looked forward.

At the top of the stairs, Namjoon turned with a confident smile and addressed the reporters below as if they were his theatre audience. "If you'll be quiet." He projected his voice loudly and noticed two women standing back from the reporters, watching them. They both wore hoodies and face masks, but he recognised their sharp eyes. Minji and Yoobin were brave to watch in person.

"Thank you." Jinki took over and spread his hands authoritatively. "Yesterday, an audio recording was released that analysis all essential said I helped the recently recaptured Park Woojin escape." He paused for effect. "This is not true. I do not assist criminals, most certainly not murderers. You all know me. I have lowered the crime rate effectively with my prosecution and achieved clean guilty or not guilty charges. This statement was clearly forced out of Park Woojin and holds not a little snippet of truth! I am a trusted member of the community, and my words should be taken more seriously than am faceless hacker who revealed this footage. Thank you."