Chapter 7

Yoobin drove the familiar way to school, but didn't try to stem the memories that swelled up from inside her. Siyeon laughing at her, Siyeon teasing her, Siyeon blushing.

Hot tears seeped out from her eyes as she waited for the lights to turn green. "Fuck it." She whispered and clutched the gun in its holster under her arm for comfort. It was an odd comfort to have, but since that morning that had been her consolation as well as her unwavering knowledge that it was Daniel who murdered her sister.

Her mind dwelled on how she'd find Daniel. Once again, her phone rang and she let it go to voicemail as she drove.

"Heya again, it's Yoohyeon. The first part of 2Yoo. I'm just about to leave the station to go to yours, so don't go anywhere."

"Too late."

"And I thought you'd want to know, I'm in charge of Siyeon's case. We interviewed Daniel, who admitted, after we showed the CCTV footage, that it was him with Siyeon walking to the roof. He gave his account of what happened. I'll give you the short version. He was talking with her, she wanted to show him something and climbed on the edge of the roof. She slipped, he tried to grab her and she fell. There's no evidence to support his statement apart from another student's account that he heard someone yell Siyeon's name after he saw something fall past the window."

"Bullshit."

"Other students outside also recounted hearing someone yell...So that's it. He's not being treated as a serious suspect no matter how hard I've tried to push it. He cried his heart out during the interrogation, which convinced all the officers in the room he was innocent. He's either telling the truth or a pretty messed-up sociopath." She paused briefly. "I'm sorry, Yoobin. Really, I'm sorry. The incident with Daniel will probably closed as an accident. I can't speak for what happened at the hospital though. See you soon. Bye!" The voicemail ended as Yoobin pulled into the school car park.

"How did that boy manage to fool the whole police division?" She yelled and hit the steering wheel angrily. Once more, she gripped the gun and steeled her nerves.

Yoobin exited the car calmly and attempted to look as if she had a purpose - She didn't want to get thrown out before she'd even seen Daniel.

***

Yoobin arrived at the top floor after asking several students where Daniel was on the pretence of police work. She'd been told he'd be in one of the music practise rooms and marched quickly down the corridor to where the hanging signs indicated.

With a grim smile, she noted the students hanging out in the corridor outside the music practise room. Possible witnesses...

"Which room is Kang Daniel in?" She questioned the group and showed her police ID.

"Number Three." A girl said disinterestedly and pointed to a room two doors further down the corridor.

Yoobin slipped her gun out into her right hand and turned the door handle. Thankfully, it opened and she stepped inside quickly.

"Yah! Can you stop--" Daniel turned and saw Yoobin. His face sobered up. "Sorry, I thought you were one of the boys messing around." He laughed.

"The why don't you lock the door?" As she said that, she locked the door with the hand holding the gun. It would be interesting to see his response.

"Er..." His eyes found the gun. "Why're you holding a gun?"

"I just need to ask you some questions. Alright?"

"I heard about Siyeon. I'm sorry for your loss and you must know I tried my hardest to--"

"Don't lie to me." Yoobin didn't raise the gun yet, but it was only a matter of time before she snapped.