Chapter 36

She raised her gun slowly, pointing at Yoobin’s chest shakily. She took a deep breath, and another, letting them both out in a rush.

“Just shoot me.”Yoobin urged. Yoohyeon was important to her and knew how much she was struggling to pull the trigger, having attempted to kill Daniel before. “Your sister is more important to you than me, isn’t she? So shoot me.”

Yoohyeon screwed her eyes closed. “I don’t want to.”

“Gahyeon will die.” Daniel crowed loudly.

“Your sister shares your blood. I am not related to you at all. Your bond to your sister is stronger. Much stronger. Shoot me.” Her voice stayed level, but her limbs were trembling and her heart fluttered strongly in fear.

“You’re right. Gahyeon should be more important to me, shouldn’t she? I’ve been a bad sister though, haven’t I? I-I’m so sorry, Yoobin.” Her hands quivered more and eyes welled up with tears. “You understand why I’m doing this.”

“Of course.” She reassured. “Just pull the trigger and it’ll all be over.”

“Kim Yoohyeon!” Someone yelled from the doorway.

They all turned and Yoohyeon fired her gun.
Father Yoongi cried out and clutched his shoulder as his robes darkened with blood. His steps didn’t falter and he came further into the room. “Put the gun down.”

“Father Yoongi?” Yoobin questioned in bemusement, keeping one eye on Yoohyeon.

“Handong told me where you were.” He explained quickly.

Daniel scowled furiously. “Who the fuck are you?” Another witness wasn’t a part of his plans.

“A friend.” He said peacefully and stopped walking two metres from the two women, his eyes on Daniel.

“What do you hope to do?” Daniel spat. “Yoohyeon, kill them both.”

“Them both?” She stuttered. “I-I can’t!” She dropped the gun.

Instantly, Yoobin dived for it, but so did Yoohyeon. Their hands both gripped the gun at different parts as Yoobin tugged for it. The gun jerked out of their hands and a bullet fired out.
Yoobin fell back with a grunt and looked at the outer part of her thigh. The blood trickling out started to stream faster.

“Yoobin!” Yoongi knelt behind her and pressed down on the bloody hole.

“Ow…” She groaned as the pain settled in and felt it increase dramatically.

“Oh my God! I’m so sorry, Yoobin!” Yoohyeon dropped the gun again and fell to her knees sobbing as Yoobin winced and Yoongi kept his hand and the hem of his robes pressed to the wound.

“Do you feel faint?” He asked in concern.

She gasped and bit her tongue. “No, I just feel pain.”

“Good.” He replied. “That means your nerves are still working.”

“Oh, shut up.” She moaned and leaned back into him.

“I won’t kill them.” Yoohyeon sobbed. “Daniel, I won’t!”

“That’s a shame.” Daniel sighed and started to push Gahyeon backwards over the balcony by her neck.

“Stop!” Yoobin called with a final decision.

“Why?”

“Kill me yourself.” She demanded. “You want me. Not any of the people here, just me.”

He stopped what he was doing and let Gahyeon back up, but didn’t speak, seemingly silently contemplating.

Yoobin pushed herself off Yoongi and batted his concern away.

“What’re you doing?” He demanded quietly.

“Shh.” Unable to actually stand on her right leg, Yoobin crawled forward on her arms and left leg until she lay at the border between the balcony and the room. By the time she got there, her face was covered in sweat and felt humiliated by the look of glee on Daniel’s face. “If I die, will this all be over? Can you promise me?”

“This? Sure.” He agreed casually. “Feel free to chuck yourself over the balcony. Tell you what, I need a little something first.”

She met his eyes, questioning.

“I need you to write a letter, clearly stating that you released the evidence against Lee Jinki and that you faked all of the evidence cleverly. Blah, blah, blah.”

“That’ll really hold up in court.”

“Stop being snarky.” Daniel forced the knife down on Gahyeon’s delicate throat so a fresh cut of blood welled up. “Be careful, Yoobin.”

“I’ll do it.”

“Good. You, priest man, grab the pen and paper on the table and bring it to Yoobin.”

Silently and reluctantly, Yoongi took the said paper and pen, laying them both carefully by Yoobin’s hands.

She took the pen with a tremouring hand, brushing Yoongi’s hand as she did so.
What was she thinking? She wanted Yoohyeon to be okay, so Gahyeon would have to be okay too. And for that to happen, she’d have to die. But would Daniel uphold his side of the deal?

Likely not.

So she’d have to trick death. Somehow. What would Yoongi do if she fell?

“Hurry up writing.”

Obligingly, Yoobin started to write on the paper, thinking hurriedly the whole time, ending up making several spelling mistakes. She took credit for the releasing of the Woojin audio file and the fabrication of the evidence against Jinki. Reading her own writing, it wasn’t plausible at all, Yoobin had no idea what Daniel hoped to achieve by making her write the letter.

“Sign it.” He ordered. “And with your thumb print.”

She signed the letter at the bottom and pressed her blood-covered thumb to the end of the page.

“Now climb over the balcony and fall. Preferably head first.”

Yoobin pushed herself up onto her knees and gripped her wound in an effort to fight the dizzying pain. She moaned lightly and stood on one leg, then the other, putting most of the weight on her left leg, then fell into the balcony, holding onto it with her arms.

“Probably sooner rather than later, though it is funny seeing you struggle.” Daniel said smarmily. “Stay there ‘Father Yoongi’. I don’t want you coming to her aid just yet.”

So if she fell, Yoongi would try and catch her, right?

Lifted her injured leg over the balcony, not an easy feat, and she balanced between living and dying. Yoobin turned and made eye contact with Yoongi, who stood in the doorway.

He blinked slowly, watching her.

Three.

Two.

One.

Yoobin rolled right limply, falling completely off the balcony, trailing her left arm behind her. Daniel laughed.

A/N:
Heya? Still alive?
Lol, well, the final chapter is next, so please anticipate that!
Hope you all have a nice day!