¤ R E S C U E ¤

Dayeul

"Rise and shine, Dayeul! It's your favourite day today."

I opened my eyes and saw my brother infront of my face, he was in a good mood today, since he was smiling widely.

"Morning?"

I asked in a husky voice as I sat up straight from my bed. I rubbed my eyes a little bit and a yawn escaped my lips.

"Do whatever you need to do, I'll be waiting for you downstairs."

I nodded and went to the bathroom lazily. I showered and wore my uniform. I didn't tie my hair since I wasn't in the mood to do so.

I was about to go downstairs, when I remembered Jeno's coat. I ran back to my room and searched for it. A few minutes later, I found it and went downstairs.

"Why are you bringing a coat? It's warm outside."

"I forgot to return it to someone."

"That person must be really nice to lend you their coat."

I looked at the jacket and smiled. I nodded at my brother's response and looked back at him.

"Anyways, I am too lazy to cook for today. So, were going to a nearby shop to buy ourselves some breakfast."

"Ok, your treat?"

"Yup, let's go."

We were searching for a shop nearby until my brother found a bakery instead.

"A bakery is a good place to buy breakfast right?"

"Yeah, let's head inside, I am hungry already."

We entered inside and started choosing what to eat. I was looking around trying to find what I can eat. My brother asked me what I want and I stated my order.

"What do you want?"

"I'll have a Sesame Bagel."

I pointed at it and my brother grabbed it. He was looking around and saw a Banana Chocolate Chip muffin and grabbed it.

He headed to the cashier to buy our food. He finished paying and gave me my bagel. I took a big bite and it was delicious.

We started walking, while eating our food. We threw our trash to a trash bin and walked to school. It was silent, so I decided to talk to my brother.

"What makes you in a good mood today?"

"Oh nothing."

He smiled and I shrugged shoulders. After a few more steps we arrived and parted our ways. When I arrived at my desk, I saw HwaYoung outside our classroom door looking for someone. I decided to ask her who she was looking for, since I was a bit curious.

"Hey HwaYoung, who are you looking for?"

"There you are, I am sorry to say this, but Jeno is absent today. If ever the teacher asked whose absent today, tell her he's sick."

"Jeno is sick?!"

"Yeah, he got a cold on the way home. His mother called me saying he's sick and can't go to school for today because of a cold and fever. Don't worry, I am sure he will return to school tommorow."

"Thanks for the info."

I smiled at her and she smiled back. I later looked down since my mood dropped a little.

"Anyways, I need to go to the faculty room. Mr. Kwon said to bring these papers to his office."

"Ok, be careful you might drop them."