¤ J A N D J ¤

Dayeul

It was raining and the principle decided to suspend for today. We were sent home and I just stood there in my room, watching the rain drops falling.

I just stared outside, silently and heard my door being opened.

"Your friends told me what happened earlier. Have this hot chocolate and bagel, so you won't get hungry. I'll just leave you here for now, call me if you need anything. Bye"

My brother spoke softly. He gently placed my food on a nearby table and left.

I was still traumatized from earlier. I wasn't feeling like myself anymore. I felt more sad and pessimestic than before.

I hugged my knees and just watched the rain from my window.

Jeno

I arrived home and went upstairs. I sat down on my bed and heard my phone buzz. I took my phone and saw a messege from.. Jaemin.

Nana💫:
Can we meet somewhere?

Jenope🙃:
Sure, where?
Delivered

Nana💫:
Let's meet me at the front gate at school, now

I confused on what Jaemin wanted to do. I just left him on seen and went outside. I didn't know where in the school, but I'll just stay at the front gate.

I arrived there and saw Jaemin there, standing.

"Why did you call me here?"

"I wanted to talk about Dayeul"

"What does it have to do with Dayeul?"

I asked Jaemin and Jaemin paused for a while.

"You seem to like her so much"

Jaemin smiled. I looked at him confused.

"You were so different before you met Dayeul, you know?"

I kept being silent and Jaemin continued talking.

"It was a great sight. You were so quiet back then. You even refused to speak to us before. You being with her makes you feel more alive and talkative. I like the way you are now, compared to before. You already know me liking Dayeul alot, but in my opinion..."

He looked down. He eventually looked up and smiled.

"I think you deserve her more"

I looked at Jaemin, shocked. It was so sudden and I just froze dead on the spot.

"I only liked her, but you seem to love her. She meant the world to you. I would call myself a selfish monster, if I stole her away from you. We've been friends, since the beginning, Jeno. I owe you alot, ever since I met you. You were always there to listen to my useless problems and non-stop rants. You took the time to say hi and talk to me. You may be mean and quiet as time goes, but I know that deep inside your heart, your the nicest person I know.."

He paused and sighed. He looked at me and gave me a small smile.

"I owe you alot, Jeno. In order to repay your kindness.."

"I shall stay away from Dayeul from now on"

He gave me smile. He patted my shoulder a few times and he looked at me one last time.