¤ S O R R Y ¤

Dayeul

We were eating at the canteen, when the door suddenly bursted open.

"GUYS, YURA IS AT THE ROOFTOP RIGHT NOW. I THINK SHE'S GOING TO COMMIT SUICIDE"

A boy shouted and me and the dreamies looked at eachother. We immedietly dumped our trays and ran to the rooftop.

We arrived at the school rooftop, only to see Yura in the edge of the building. People were taking pictures and nobody didn't even stop her.

She was just staring at the ground. I was about to ran up to her, but Jeno stopped me.

"Are you crazy? Who knows this might be a trap"

"I know what I am doing, plus theres alot of people here so she doesn't have a chance to do some harm to me"

I escaped from Jeno's grasp and ran to Yura.

"YAH"

I shouted and Yura looked back slowly. She had an emotionless face and her skin was pale.

"Why are you doing this?"

I stepped closer to her and she gulped.

"Please, don't come any closer"

She told me with a shaky voice and I can tell that she was scared.

"Please, tell me why are you doing this?"

She had tears in her eyes. She was taking a step back and I shouted.

"PLEASE, DON'T DO THIS"

She cried even more. I was getting nervous and I heard some whispers and murmurs.

"WHY NOT? I'VE BEEN SUFFERING SO MUCH, EVEN BEFORE YOU EVEN CAME HERE FROM THIS SCHOOL"

She pointed at me and her eyes were getting red.

"EVER SINCE MY FATHER BECAME THE PRINCIPLE, HE ALWAYS HAD HIGH EXPECTATIONS FROM ME. I TRANSFERRED HERE, SINCE HE WANTS TO SEE HOW MUCH I AM DOING IN SCHOOL. I WAS BEING BULLIED FOR BEING A NERD AND STUDYING ALL DAY, I WAS DOING ALL THAT JUST BECAUSE OF MY FATHERS EXPECTATIONS"

She cried and took a step back. I took one step forward and lended her my hand.

"Please, let's just talk this out. There's no need of risking your life because of this"

"RISKING YOUR LIFE? I'VE BEEN FACING THIS PROBLEMS FOR A YEAR NOW AND YOU THINK THAT I SHOULD JUST SHRUG IT OFF LIKE IT'S NOTHING? HOW ABOUT YOU STUDY ALL DAY AND HAVE 2 HOURS OF SLEEP EVERYDAY. DO YOU THINK YOU CAN STILL LIVE A HAPPY LIFE LIKE THAT?"

She laughed and I gulped. The whispers were getting louder and I gestured the dreamies to shut them up.

"Oh yeah, you have the dreamies by your side too"

She looked at them with a smile. The dreamies gulped and they looked at the crying Yura.

"I've always wanted to get close to them, since the students said that if you were friends with them, you were cool. I've always wanted to have a high reputation, but that's all in my head. I was just an outcast, a nerd, a person who is invisible in everyone's eyes. Wanting to be with them was my main goal, until you came along"

She pointed at me. She was getting tired and tired all the way, since her voice was getting softer.

"You've been friends with them and they seemed to like your presence. Each time you were with them, they always have smiles plastered on their faces. You became popular and that made me mad. You were just a transferee, yet you became popular instantly. I admit, I was jealous of you"

She took one huge breathe and I saw a tear shed in her eye.

"My life is hard as it is. My father kept hitting me, when I reached home. He always told me that I am a pathethic child, who doesn't deserve to live on this planet. My grades were always on 91 or 93, but my dad wasn't impressed. He always expects me to have 97 or 98. He wasn't happy with the grade I got, so he decided to use violence to solve the problem. I started taking pills, to ease my pain and depression. I always get 2 hours of sleep, so my mind wasn't functioning properly. To relieve my stress, I always blamed it on you"

She pointed at me and a tear escaped from her eyes.

"Ever since you bumped into me that day, I blamed it all on your innocent soul. I planned many dangerous things to harm you, but luckily you have two heroes by your side"

She smiled and looked at Jaemin and Jeno.

"Without them, who knows what could've happened to you because of me. I became a psycho, and it's getting worse each day. To end all of this suffering and to obtain peace"

She looked at us and she told us a sentence I never wanted to hear.

"I must go and leave this cruel place"

She looked at the edge of the rooftop. People were taking out their phones and started taking videos. I ran up to her and saw Jeno and Jaemin being holded back by the others.

"YURA, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS"

"I am sorry Dayeul, your like an angel you know that? You always make everyone smile with your personality. Sadly, I am ruining your angel-like personality with my actions. I don't want to place dirt on your white wings and never want to steal your halo. Remember, I am a monster and a monster should never mess with an angel like you. Thank you for everything"

She took one last step back and gave me a smile with tears flooding down her face.

"Goodbye"

She was about to jump and I held her arm. I was too late, and saw her dead body on the ground with blood around it.

I don't deserve a person like you Yura. I though that you were a psycho with no reason. I didn't know that you were being abused by your sick father and being bullied by others. I didn't got to say...

I am sorry

I fell into my knees and started crying loudly.

"I AM SORRY YURA"

I shouted and I couldn't feel my knees. Jeno managed to break free and went up to me. I felt a pair of arms around my shoulders and a forehead against mine.

"Please, don't cry"

Jeno patted my back and he wiped my tears with his thumb. I heard the sound of the ambulance and tears were flooding non-stop.

"It's ok, I am here"

Jeno patted my back and I hugged him.

"Please, I want to go home"

I manged to utter and someone handed me a water bottle. I looked up and saw Jaemin and the rest of the dreamies.

"Drink it"

Jaemin gave me a water bottle and I tried opening it. I started drinking and the dreamies sat next to me.

"We didn't know that she was suffering like this, how could we be so heartless about it?"

Mark looked like he was about to cry, but he wiped his eyes with his thumb.

"All we know is that she's finally free with all her problems"

Renjun sniffed. We bowed down our heads and Mark spoke.

"Rest in peace, Yura"