Chapter VI

Weiss's POV:

"Make any sound and it will be your last breath." Was all I heard. A hand kept me from alarming everyone in camp. As I was mentally panicking I heard Sage's voice come from behind the tents. "Weiss *yawns* it's my turn now" I tried to knock something over but nothing was around me to do so except these criminals and the knife at my throat. Sage came around to see my predicament, before he could yell out to everyone a giant got behind him and hit him in the head with a balled fist. A man whispered to the giant, "Thank you Andre." before cutting Mr. Harlow free. "Can you walk?" "Yea-" I head Harlow grunt as he tried to get up. "Never mind, its broken." He whispered over to the man. "These kids did a number on you aye?" Aye!? These people are with him! They're the pirates we're looking for! I tried to free myself only for the person behind me to put the length of the blade along my throat. "Keep strugglin girly, you'll only give yourself an early grave." A feminine voice said behind me. "Captain, wait-wait-wait..she got something to ask of you personally. Take her with, we can always drop her off at a another kingdom." I looked over at Mr. Harlow shocked at what he just said with his arm over someone's shoulder who happens to be his captain. "What about?" Was all I heard before Mr. Harlow talked into his ear quieter than before. "Very well, Victoria, bring the little lady will ye?" "Aye sir." It wasn't long after I heard him when I was hoisted in the air by my shirt and set on my feet. "Make a noise and you'll be in a world of pain girly. Keep to yourself and be silent as a grave. Got that?" This woman harshly whispered to me. I nodded quickly trying not to cry as I'm getting kidnapped by a band of pirates. Can this get any worse!? I screamed internally.

(Y/N)'S POV:

We got back Mr. Harlow, and it turns out that this girl is asking quite a lot about me. That hair, those eyes, authoritative attitude...Willow must have kids now. I mentally tell myself as I help Mr. Harlow back to the ship. Walking for what seemed like an hour, we stopped at a small creek to rest for a while. "All right, we're far enough away to talk. How's everyone holding?" Andre and Victoria said, "I'm fine" simultaneously. Everyone else just similar things except the new addition to our land party. "Victoria, let me know when our warrior arrives all." "Got it captain." She then went back some way and hid around a dense cluster of trees watching our escape. I looked over to the girl and approached her calmly, reassuring her she won't be harmed. "So you've been asking about someone I know aye?" Silence was all I was given. "You know you can talk now, just no alarming anyone of your troubles." She looked at me with a scowl and hateful glare before answering, "I want to know where (Y/N) is. There's something I'd like to tell him." Curious to what she wanted to tell me I asked, "What would that be Ms. Schnee?" Shocked by what I called her, she asked, "How did you know my last name!?" Crouching down, I looked at her with a smirk starting to form. "Those eyes can make a man quiver in fear., that hair can make a man dream, but your voice has authority behind it. You're a dead spittin image of Willow Schnee." She was completely stunned by what I just told her. "Ha-how do you know my mo-mother?" She sounded a bit scared of me. "Tell you what, you collect your thoughts, gather up your courage, and when we get back to the ship. I'll tell you what I know. Deal?" I held out my hand to her in agreement to shake. Hesitantly she looked at me then my hand before shaking it. A few movements and she released my hand and kept her arms folded, hugging herself. "Don't worry, I won't harm you in any way Ms. Sch-" 'Weiss." Dumbfounded I asked, "Hhmm?" "It's Weiss, my name is Weiss." Seeing her come forward with her name I gave her a little piece of information that make her look at me astonished yet determined. "Captain (Y/N) (L/N) at your service."

Winter's POV:

Finally getting to Mistral, my detachment and I made our way through a trail that takes us to Ozpin's camp he made made not far from here. Please be all right Weiss. Was all I kept telling myself. As we came out into a small clearing in the woods I saw someone I really didn't want to see. "QROW WHAT HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" "Calm down Lieutenant Schnee, I called him here." Ozpin said coming out from a tent. "Headmaster Ozpin, would you mind telling me why you invited the local drunk to-" Ozpin didn't let me finish my statement. "Yesterday we caught a suspect investigating your mother's whereabouts. Turns out he was part of the third party we were told to watch out for which happens to be a band of pirates. They came here last night and freed their comrade and they...they kidnapped your sister I'm afraid." Before sipping his coffee, I stormed up to him furious at his neglect for my younger sister. "WHAT!?" "Lieutenant there is n-" "Don't Lieutenant me Ozpin, no task has ever been a challenge to you and you now managed to mess up, with my SISTER GETTI-" "Hey snowflake, could you stop yelling we're right next to you jeez." Qrow said before taking a drink from his flask. "I don't want to here any-" "Lieutenant Schnee, we're going to find your sister, but if you aren't willing to work together with us right now, then it's gonna be near impossible finding okay? Now calm down and let me explain our plan." Ozpin interjected. I exhaled and took a seat where he pointed to hear them out.

Weiss's POV:

The sun rose as we arrived at the small town's port where the captain docked his ship. I don't believe him. Why would Harlow lie about his captain not being (Y/N)? Why would he protect him like that? Does he really trust him that much? My thoughts were interrupted when when a masculine woman on board his ship yelled over the side, "CAPTAIN, GOT MR. HARLOW BACK I SEE!" "Quite, tell Mr. Henderson to get the ship ready. I want to get out to sea before the sun is at its peak." "AYE CAPTAIN!" She left yelling for Mr. Henderson as we got to the dock the leveled with the ship's...second gun deck!? How big is this thing!? One-two-three-four gun decks!? How does this ship get any momentum to move being this large? That's gotta be the heaviest warship in these waters. Looking back at the captain I noticed he's helping Mr. Harlow slip through one of the gun ports to allow him access to the ship's interior a bit faster. "Weiss, would like to go through one to get inside faster or climb up to the main deck?" Why is he being so respectful to me? I'm his prisoner. Without answering him, he picked me up bridal style and put me near the same gun port that he help Mr. Harlow through. "Wait I-I didn't answer for this!" "You didn't answer fast enough, mind your head." Was all he said as he set me back on my feet on the inside. Looking around I see all kinds of people walking around this deck. Some men, some women, even faunus just walking around or lying in hammocks. "Follow me Weiss, I'll take you someplace more comfortable." "Where the others that were with you?" I asked him. "They're climbing the side up to the main deck." "And the woman watching me, the one that wa-" "She's going back to her position on the main mast, she's the lookout." As we went further to the back of the ship, we stopped at a pair of doors at the further back staircase. "This is my cabin, you can sleep here tonight." He opened the doors to reveal a rather large cabin. A table to the left as you enter big enough to hold about ten people, a decently large bed further to the right with the head facing the wall, a wooden decorative desk in the middle, and several bookshelves, paintings, and chests scattered around the cabin. "Why did you bring me here, don't you-like-lock me up in a cell somewhere on board?" He looked at me questionably before sitting down behind his desk. "Unless you're a threat I've been tasked to pick up, you'll never end up in the brig. Some other captains aren't at generous, but just don't do anything you'll regret. You'll be alright." Taking a seat in front of his desk he poured me a cup of what looks like water for me. "Here have a drink, it's been a long morning, and I don't think it's gonna possibly get any better for you." "It-it's not poisoned is it?" He looked at me sternly. "Now that's a crazy notion to be thinking about. I'm not a petty murderer Weiss, you have my word." Reluctantly I took a large sip before putting it down in front of me. I was about to ask him a question when he lifted a picture off of his desk that was lying there. "This was the second time I took your mother on a date when nature wasn't foul." I took the picture the see a younger version of him with a younger mom. "Yo-you're really are (Y/N)!" "One and only." He said smirking. Looking back at the picture, I couldn't help but smile. Seeing mother so happy like that, she never looked that happy around Jacque...not once. "Where did you get this picture?" He gave me a confused expression. "I mean to ask, who painted this for you two?" "Oh, I was taking her to a nice restaurant near the shore before I took her to a secluded spot in southern Atlas-" "She took us there several days ago." "Did she now? Has her life been getting that dull to actually sail back there?" I looked at him changing my expression from curiosity to sadness. "Her life has gotten worse since you left." He didn't like the way that sounded by his face starting to look irritated at me. "She never knew what those articles you signed meant at the time, she was hoping that you'd run away from that life to join her. My mother took us to that spot to continue telling my sister and I about the great times she had with you." That stuck a nerve, he didn't respond just sat back and looked at me with some regret in his eyes. "Great times huh? I never thought I'd ever hear that, even after all these years." He responded. Before we continued I felt the ship starting to turn as everything leaned in one direction. I grabbed my cup as (Y/N) grabbed the bottle and his cup as they slid across the desk. "Pulling out now I see, must be Andre at the wheel." I looked at him puzzled. "Huh?" "Andre's the tall man that knocked your friend out back at your camp. He's the one probably behind the helm for this ship to turn so sudden. He never really caught on that the wheel isn't easy to turn for anyone except him and O'Malley." My camp, Sage I just remembered. Winter, please be okay. Please don't find me as fast I as I hoped earlier today, I just found (Y/N), we can get mother back. As the ship steadied itself, we put our cups back on the desk before I let out a yawn. "You rest in here if you'd like Weiss. I'll be heading above deck to make sure everything isn't in chaos from my absence on board. When you wake up, I'll tell Silver to make you something to eat since you didn't get anything due to us." I thanked him as he got up and left. Walking over to his bed I noticed it's clean and neatly made. Does he even sleep on this?