Chapter XI

Victoria's POV:

After an hour long trip we landed outside the town made it ashore to ready ourselves for a long walk. "Winter, Weiss, you ready?" They both looked at each other before looking at me nodding their heads in agreement. I had their hands tied in front of them so they could at least have some freedom in our captivity. After binding their hands we made way to the town in hope everything goes to plan. "V?" I looked to my left to see Wilhelm quickening his pase to catch up to the sisters and I. "Aye?" "What if the worst should happen? I mean if they catch on to our plan?" I looked at the sisters before looking back at him. "We protect these two no matter what. Our captain would be pissed if Weiss and Winter don't come back alive." He looked at them and then back at me nodding off before taking his place back behind us to watch our back. Winter looked over at me and asked, "Why protect us? I know (Y/N) needs us to get to our mother, but why use yourselves as shields for us?" I looked back her and answered, "Aye he does need you to get back your mother, but this is different. If this was just a scheme to get a shipload of gold he wouldn't have cared as much for your wellbeing. Seeing how your mother and him had something special together. Your life is of great importance, not just to your mother, but to him as well." She didn't answer, only turned her head in the direction we're going. "Your mother, Willow, is a treasure to him. One that can't be found anywhere else and only comes once in a lifetime." Weiss looked at me with a glint in her eye. I've seen that look before, she really wants to hear more about those two. "You wouldn't happen to know what happen after he left her?" I looked at Weiss and answered, "Well after he stopped seeing Willow he ended up-" "I mean after the battle at Coffers Trap." I didn't answer right away. After a few minutes of silence I looked at Weiss and said, "I can't say much, I didn't join him till the day he planned on heading back to the Tempest Seas. A few years after that fight. Sorry I couldn't be much help." Winter spoke up with Weiss and said, "No need for an apology!" They looked at each other before looking at me again. "Quite staring at me like that! It's freaking me out!" Both of them let out a small laugh before facing the outside of the town we're about to enter. I stopped our group and addressed everyone here. "Okay from here on out, we hate each other. No jokes between ourselves. We're getting a large pay from a terrorist group, and we have two prisoners to escort. Don't let them separate us no matter what." Everyone either said aye or nodded in agreement. Winter and Weiss looked at me to which I gave them a look of sorrow before I gagged them both. "Sorry you two, but we can't let them think we'll let you talk at any time." Winter accepted what I was doing while Weiss said, It's alright, it's not gonna be a permanent thing. Right?" I looked at her before gagging her. "Correct." After gagging them both we started to move out again into the town or rather into the belly of the beast. As we walked through the rather small town, many of its civilians kept staring at us as we walked through. Some of them made an attempt to follow us till I gave them a look of suspicion that made them turn in a dark alley or turn away in general. We came to a road that led into the dense jungle when four armed guards holding either a spear or sword approached us in their white masks. "Halt!" We stood in front of them with our hands near our weapons of choice ready to get Winter and Weiss out of there in a moments notice. "What are you doing here?" I looked at the one who asked and responded, "We're looking for the White Fang. They owe us a bit of coin for the capture of one Winter and Weiss Schnee." He looked between us and saw the two tied and gagged before looking at me and said, "We did put that bounty out, but they are to be escorted by members of the White Fang and the White Fang only. You and your men will have to stay here and wait till one of us comes back with your reward." He tried to push my out of the way to grab the sisters only to be met with a kick to the gut and blow to the head that put him to the ground in a matter of seconds. The guys and I drew our swords and pistols at the three armed guards who took a defensive stance. As we stood there ready to kill each other I spoke out. "I'll make this clear as day: Take us to your leader and we'll hand over these two and take our reward. If not, we'll lay you four to rest and go ourselves. Your call mates." They looked at one another before grabbing their injured guard and looked at us. "We'll take you, but you are to leave your weapons at the front entrance before you get any reward. I looked at my party who all nodded in agreement before I agreed to their terms. They started to lead us into the jungle on their road when I noticed a movement in the shadow of the tree. "Tricky bastard." I said to myself knowing damn well who it was.