Chapter IX

Weiss's POV:

After (Y/N) came and and asked Ms. O' Malley to follow him about a plan, I saw someone come in after him with a blanket around her shoulders when I realized it was Winter. "WINTER!" I yelled while running at her. Within arms reach we grabbed each other and hugged it out for a while. Grace and (Y/N) whispering about something but it had nothing to do with us seeing how they're leaving us alone quietly. Grace closed the doors as silently as she could before walking away, Winter looked at me with a concerned expression. "Why were you laughing with that pirate!?" I looked at her and straightened my battle dress out. "Uumm I was aaa...Talking about something that happened on a mission with my team some time ago." I felt a little nervous seeing her giving me that authoritative look at me. "She was telling me some funny stories when she was a few years older than me while serving on a different ship at the time so I thought it would be fair to share one of my embarrassing moments to her." I said looking away. Winter sighed before taking a seat where I was, so I took Grace's seat in return across from her. 'If you don't mind me asking Winter umm...why do you look like you just swam in the ocean?" She looked at the door expecting to see someone watching us before turning around looking at me. "Ozpin and I sent out from your camp to find you. Qrow-" "Qrow!? Ruby's drunk uncle Qrow?" She gave me a stern look before resuming. "Yes him-he transformed into a crow to search ahead of us to look for this ship-" "Wait-wait-wait he turned into an actual crow-like the bird?" She got a little irritated at my interruptions before continuing. "Yes now will you let me finish?" "Sorry." She calmed down a bit before accepting my apology and continued. "He went ahead of us since I split up from the soldiers that we assigned to me to search for you. He found this ship a mere ten minutes-maybe more-before that man sailed into this storm. We opened the doors to allow Qrow to get inside when...(Y/N)-if that truly is him-slammed the side of the bullhead which caused me to fall out over the ship. I grabbed the mast but the pilot flew away before they could get me back on. One of his crew members got me down...I still don't know how he made that jump." I had a shocked expression from what she told me. "OZPIN LEFT YOU!?" He cringed at my screaming but replied, "No the pilot left me, we were running low on fuel when we left. Ozpin was trying to get him to stay to get me back on board. Speaking of which: why haven't you tried to escape let alone contact me?" "Well I-uhh-I kinda left my scroll in my tent when I was watching over Mr. Harlow that night." Winter pinched the bridge of her nose before letting out...a chuckle? "That's reasonable enough I guess." I looked at her in the eyes after she said that and to laugh that her to do the same. After having a moment between ourselves a knock came from the doors. Getting up I went over and checked who it was to see (Y/N) looking down at me asking, "Weiss, I have something to ask of you and your sister." I didn't want to be rude so I let him in catching Winter's attention.

Ozpin's POV:

While Ruby was talking with Scarlet, Jaune, Ren, Neptune, and Pyrrha were trying to come up with a plan to get Weiss back. Nora and Yang were arm wrestling over at the other table next to mine while I was thinking about what the pilot said. Qrow went off to attend to other business somewhere here in Mistral while we deal with this for now. We have to go back now or we'll all be swimming to the bottom of the ocean Headmaster. I have orders to find the ship-NOT to engage it. I'll let the General know what happened and you'll have to find another way to get on board without taking such a heavy risk. Winter never gave that order, even before she arrived she never gave such an order and neither did James. I felt my pocket buzzed from my scroll. Pulling it out and opened the conversation I was having between James and I. His message confirmed my suspicions, he never gave any orders about finding any ship. I put the pilot under Lieutenant Schnee's command. So who else is spying on our progress? I kept asking myself. I looked at my scroll once more then sent James a new message. Keep an eye out for Jacques Schnee for me will you? I believe he's using us to get revenge at the White Fang. Agreeing to do so I put my scroll away and called for everyone's attention. "Yang, Nora would you mind joining us over here?" The two let each other's hands go and walked over t the table where majority of them were sitting. "Blake and Sun will be returning tomorrow so we'll be spending the night here in town. I would like for you to go to your rooms and stay there for the night. No wandering off." I handed them the keys to their rooms and they started to get up and leave as the sun started to set. "Uumm Headmaster?" "Yes Ms. Rose?" "What's our plan to get Weiss? I mean we can't just leave her with that pirate." I took a sip of coffee before looking at her. "We'll get her back, but we need to find her mother first." Ruby agreed to what I said and left to head to her room. I walked out the door and looked down the main road out to sea wondering why that pirate took Weiss. What did she tell Mr. Harlow that would get her kidnapped? As I stared in that direction, I didn't see Blake and Sun come up behind me about to get my attention. "Headmaster?" I turned around to see Blake and Sun looking at me curiously. "You're back. Mind filling me in on what you found?" They inside with me in tow to a table near the back by the bar. "Willow Schnee was kidnapped under orders by Sianna Kahn, current leader of the White Fang. We don't know how she knew where Willow was or where she was going, but what we do know is that she doesn't want just Willow. She wants all of the Schnees." I looked at Blake then Sun who nodded in agreement before I told them their room numbers. After they left I got back up and went outside where I was before and drank my coffee asking myself, What do you know captain? Why would the Schnees be so important to you? The moon started to rise as I kept these question replaying through my head.