Chapter VII

Winter's POV:

After hearing out Ozpin's plan to get Weiss back I reluctantly agreed. I decided to spend the night in the tent with Weiss's team, RWBY. They weren't all that bad except the constant bombardment of questions from the girl in red about her uncle on how I know him. As it turns out, Qrow isn't just his name but what he can turn into, an actual crow. He's scouting far ahead of us to spot anything that might tell us which way this pirate went. We took the two bullheads in the possible directions on where they might have gone. We're heading out towards sea while my team that I was assigned searches the coast and towns on Mistral. "What else is there that you haven't told me Ozpin?" He sipped his cup, not even looking at me. "There's more than meets the eye here in Remnant. No one knows as much as they think they do, trust me. I would know." "That's what I'm questioning: What do you know!?" He finally looked at me with the same bland expression while taking another drink from his thermal mug. "How many pirates out there do you know that can defeat and or go undetected from Atlas? Or even go undetected by a skilled hunter like myself and kidnap someone?" Undetected? This old man is telling me that this pirate took Weiss right out from under his nose and he couldn't even tell if he was coming for them!? HE HAD ONE OF HIS CREW MEMBERS! "Not that I've heard about." Was all I responded. Ozpin looked over at the other students that he brought to help us, specifically the one holding his head with the tattoos around his neck. "Are you alright Sage?" He looked over at us before answering, "Yeah, whatever hit me in the head was heavy. Felt like a giant fist." Just then the blue haired boy next to him spoke up, "Did you hear anything they said that might give us any possible clue to where they're going bro?" He didn't respond right away, but held his head where he probably was hit. "I did hear Weiss asking that guy-Harlow was it?" He looked at Ozpin who nodded yes. "She asked him about someone named (Y/N) I think. I thought he fell asleep to Weiss talking to him so I was gonna switch with her before she got mad at him. That's when I went outside only to see her being held at knife point before getting knocked out." She asked him about (Y/N)? What was she thinking? She wouldn't have brought that up unless something compelled her to do so. "This Harlow man, what did he do that made you all take him captive?" The girl with the red hair sitting next to the blonde boy who looked nervous answered, "He was in that town we're investigating about Mrs. Schnee's kidnapping and the third party Headmaster Ozpin was told about. Mr. Harlow was going around town asking different captains about her possible whereabouts and who kidnapped her. He followed us after we questioned him to which he tried to make a run for it." "Thank you miss...uuhh-" "Nikos, Pyrrha Nikos." "Thank you miss Nikos." I sat back and looked at Ozpin with an annoyed tone. "Care to explain why you left that part out back in Mistral?" "Simple, you were gonna ask about to me or behind my back. So I left it to you to find out." Irritated I looked away back out the small window on the side to see open ocean. He was asking about our mother? Why would a pirate be curious about our mother's kidnapping? Could possibly know where (Y/N) is, or maybe be with him right now? I just hope Weiss is okay. "Headmaster, Lieutenant. The crow you had us follow is back-uh...do I follow it. Ozpin and I both got up and headed for the front of the ship to see if it was Qrow. Ozpin spoke out, "Follow him, he may know where they are. I ignored the bird in front of me because that storm brewing in front of us doesn't look friendly. "Is she in there?" "I'm afraid so Lieutenant."

Weiss's POV:

I woke up to met with the tall woman from before yelling down at the captain. "Huh? Where's (Y/N)?" She woke up and looked at me. "He above deck keeping an eye out for any unwanted attention. Can I get you something missy?" I got irritated really quick from that name-missy. "It's Weiss." She looked at me while stretching her arms out making a few popping noises and a couple cracking here and there. "Pardon?" "My name's Weiss." "Oh! Pleasure to meet you Weiss, names Grace O'Malley." She extended her hand towards me to which I took expecting an aggressive handshake only to be a nice gentile one. "I'll tell Silver to make you breakfast, here-" She poured me a cup of water and handed it to me. "-I'll be back." I'm still not sure if I trust (Y/N).His bed is quite comfortable, but I can be fooled by his kindness towards me until I know what his motives are. Drinking down the water I get up and head over to his desk to see the picture still lying there face up. She looks so happy. He must've given her the best days she ever had. I guess her life really was a pri- "Alright, here's some eggs, bacon, and some pancakes for y-" We looked at each other for a minute before she walked over and set the makeshift tray down at the table. I was scared to what she was gonna do to me seeing the picture in front of me while I stood behind his desk. "He never really spoke of her when someone asks if he's ever had a woman in his life." "Huh?" "That picture, I've asked him about it before. William, ghost man, and a handful of others have as well. She's the only woman he's ever cared about while not being overshadowed by lust." I looked back down at it before heading over to the table to eat-what actually looked delicious-breakfast. In the middle of eating I stopped to ask, "I thought ships would have something more...uh-more-you know-" "Aye we did at first, but along the way some captains thought a shitty meal wasn't in the best interests for the crew so they changed it up. More room in the hold and in the galley allows the cook to hold more for a better breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the whole crew." As I finished my breakfast I was gonna ask Grace another question regarding to life on board only to have her quickly walk out of the cabin and up to the main deck when someone above yelled, "ROUGE SEAS AHEAD!"