Chapter XVI

Weiss's POV:

I ran behind him as he darted for the stairs closes to us and failed to catch up. Damn heels! By the time I got back up he was already through the doors and standing near her bed. I came up to the doors and motioned for Winter to come out. She gave me a curious look before realizing what I was trying to do. Winter got up and made her way towards me with the ship's doctor following her. I held the door open as she walked out and looked back in to see (Y/N) standing there in silence staring at our mom as she did the same in return. I looked for the doctor only to see him sitting by a desk in a small room inside this cabin motioning me to close the door. I complied and closed it as quietly as I could before walking away next to Winter who was standing near the deck railing looking out to sea. As I leaned against the railing I looked at Winter expecting her to say something only for her to keep staring out over the horizon. "Winter?" I asked. She looked down towards me with a raised eyebrow and replied, "Yes?" "What do think will happen? I mean between mom and (Y/N)?" She signed and quite staring down at me and answered, "I..I honestly don't know. I strongly think they'll hug each other as if their time was coming to an end, and they'll never want to let go." I wanted to ask yet another question, but I decided to stick with her answer and stare out to sea with her.

(Y/N)'s POV:

I stood there staring at Willow with tears forming in her eyes as Winter and the doc left us to ourselves. After they left I slowly walked over to the chair Winter was sitting in and moved it as close as I could without falling over trying to sit in it and sat next to Willow as she sat herself up the best she could. My instincts kicked in for her and I quickly came to her side to help her sit up. As much as the doctor recommends her to stay down I knew she wasn't gonna do that. Not in a moment like this. As I put my hand on her back to keep her from leaning to far back she jumped into my arms and hugged me as tightly as she could, crying on my shoulder. I tried to muster something from my voice, but nothing came out. I hugged her tightly without hurting her and sat on her bed now in silence as she kept me in her hold letting everything out. I started to calmly shush her telling her she's safe and that I'm not going anywhere. After what felt like an eternity she slowly unleashed me from her grasp to look at me. "(Y-Y/N)? After all these years? Yo-you finally ca-came back." I wanted to tell her the truth, but I remember what Weiss told me and instead replied, "I'm sorry Willow! I'm sorry I left you all those years ago." I wanted to break down crying myself, but I kept my posture. She slowly formed a smile that made my heart start to race as I remember her giving me that same smile every time we went on a date. She slowly leaned back against the bed board with a uncomfortable look appearing in her expression. I quickly got up without hitting the bed to much and went to another empty bed in the cabin and grabbed another pillow off it and returned to her side. I had her lean forward without causing her to much discomfort and placed it vertical so it would keep most of her back from touching the wood. As she adjusted herself into a more comfortable position we sat there in silence before I spoke up. "Willow...I.." I signed since I didn't know what to truly say till she replied, "I never stopped regretting that day." I looked at her bewildered. "That day?" I asked. "I should've ran away with you all those years ago. I never felt so stupid for putting my family's pride before my own life. I-" I could almost hear the sobs starting to form so I made the most logical choice I could think of and kissed her. I could tell she didn't expect it since she froze before melting into it. We didn't part for some time till we both had to face reality and part away for oxygen. I took my thumb and wiped the tear falling from her eye and said, "Don't shed any more tears. I'm here now and I'm not gonna go anywhere now." She smiled once more and hugged me this time a lot more tighter than before. We stared at each other once more till the moment was ruined by someone shouting, "SHIP SIGHTED OFF THE STERN!" I quickly looked up and and growled. "Damn it!" I looked at Willow and apologized before I got up and exited the cabin. I closed the door behind me as calmly as I could without losing my temper and shout for anyone to answer, "SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE ITS COMING FROM!?" I walked out away from the door and quickly turned around and looked up to Andre who replied, "One of those flying ships is behind us and closing." I walked up the starboard stairs leading to the poop deck where the helm was located and grabbed the spyglass off of Grace and looked at the ship far behind us. Now who the hell is after us!? I looked through and aimed it towards the glass the lined the front for the man to see out of. As I focused in at the person wearing that helmet I saw another figure appear next to him and took note of his appearance. While getting the details from what I was seeing Winter and Weiss came up behind me asking who it might be. I looked at them with the spyglass still in hand and replied, "By chance do you know a man with grey hair, glasses, about my height, and carries a cane with him?" Winter gave me a confused look while Weiss had a little panic before hiding behind Winter. "Weiss...do you know?" Winter looked behind her to see Weiss trying to hide and made a defensive stance between her and me. "I'm sure may know, but if you do-" I quickly interrupted her asking, "Is he a threat or not!?" Winter stayed quiet and looked at Weiss for an answer. "It's-ah-it's Headmaster Ozpin. From Beacon." I looked at the ship while asking, "Friend or foe Weiss? I need to know now." I looked back as Weiss started to fiddled with her fingers. As I looked at her I started to think about that night when we kidnapped her. I walked up to her and got on one knee before asking her calmly, "Weiss-" I put my hand on her should which startled her a bit. "-was he the one at the camp in charge of your team?" She nodded yes before looking down as I got up. I went to the quarter deck and shouted to everyone on board. "LISTEN UP LADIES AND GENTS! THAT SHIP COMING FOR US IS NOT TO BE FIRED UPON, SO ARM YOURSELVES FOR SOME DEFENSE. I EXPECT THEM TO MAKE SOME SORT OF ATTACK ON US, BUT NO KILLING." I then looked over at Victoria as she came up from the deck. "Victoria, send word below that we'll be having some more company. No one is to attack our soon-to-be new guests no matter what. They can defend themselves but I don't want to hear a single gunshot, see a single cut, or a drop of blood coming from this new boarding party." She quickly nodded and rushed back down below as I looked back to see Winter and Weiss looking down at me from the poop deck. "You say he's with you, then I'll make sure he isn't killed the moment he steps foot on here with your other friends. Just make sure they don't try anything foolish will you?" Weiss smiled a bit and agreed to help with the high tension situation that was about to form.