Chapter X

Ironwood's POV:

Ozpin's request has been keeping me up all night now. What is Jacques up to? I kept asking myself. I sent several men to spy on him to at least get some information on what he's doing. He hasn't come to me for details about the mission, he's made nearly a hundred phone calls in the past twenty four hours. What is he planning? Just as I stood up to look out my window here in my office, the door slammed open with someone catching their breath leaning on the door frame for support. "Sir-huff-huff I..I have..have something you need to see!" I quickly walked up to him and helped him to a seat in front of my desk before taking the vanilla envelope from his hand and sat back behind my desk once more. Upon opening it I saw something, or rather someone talking to what looks to be Jacques Schnee near the South Atlas Shipping Docks. Waiting for the young man to catch his breath I looked at the other photos. One showed Jacques speaking to another man that was pointing to something. The next one showed a large ship similar to the one that Ozpin spotted but lacking in jewels like the pirate ship had. The ship also looked identical to Ozpin's, but the sail's configuration was different and had less guns. The following one showed a bunch of cargo being loaded onto the ship, but with closer inspection the crates and boxes bared the Schnee Dust Logo on it. As I kept looking through these the young man finished his small break and looked ready to answer some questions I now have. "Do you know who this man Jacques's speaking to?" He took the photo from the small pile on my desk and gave it a closer inspection. "From what Intel we gathered, we never got an official name but we know he spent time on a ship much like that one and was given command by Jacques for his experience and expertise." I nodded off and grabbed another one showing the ship. "Do we know where Jacques got a hold of this ship?" "We asked those we know inside his facility there and came up with one plausible story." I leaned back and said, "Go on." "During a rogue storm north of Vacuo, one of the Schnee's cargo ships spotted that ship drifting alone in the ocean's current. They approached it to see what it was doing there only to find it abandoned. Given its condition and valuable use, they towed it back and presented it to Jacques who might have used it for illegal activities such as slave transport. The only problem, we have no evidence to back that up." I shifted forward and grabbed the photo and looked at him. "Do we still men watching him?" "Yes we do sir?" "Keep watch on him and that ship until I say otherwise. You're dismissed." He got up and saluted me before walking back to the door. Before he left he turned to me and asked, "What do you want us to do if that ship sails out to open waters?" I looked back at him and answered, "You notify me right away." He nodded off and shut the door before he left. I pulled out my scroll and messaged Ozpin. Jacques may have mercenaries hunting the White Fang for Winter. Watch out! He has a ship of his own to hunt that pirate you found with an experience captain in command of it. Ozpin replied, Thanks for the information. Have you found anyone working for him in your ranks? I wished I could say no but I gave him an honest answer. The pilot is one of many we're now investigating. Trust no one except those I personally send to you with a message. Ozpin messaged in agreement before leaving our conversation for now, so I got up once more to look at the moon high in the sky. What the hell are you planning Jacques? I'll see to it you face charges for this.

(Y/N)'s POV:

After spending time looking at the moon rise above the ship I decided it's time I get some rest. I walked across the main deck and down into the first gun deck below to find a hammock that's not taken. One of my crew walked by giving me a nod before he went down further below-probably going to get some sleep as well. After walking from stern to bow, I decided to save myself the trouble and went back up. "Ain't worth the effort." I said to myself. I didn't want to take another sailor's bed and I also don't want to be rude and kick Winter and Weiss out. So I took the usual spot and went above and found it on a lifeboat. It's cover being stretched made it feel like you were sleeping on a hammock...made of sailcloth, but I've slept on far worse than this. I took my coat off and used it as a pillow once more and got comfortable. "Sleeping here again?" I turned my head to see Andre looking at me. "Yeah. I'm not gonna be rude and the sisters out of my cabin seeing how I kidnapped one and sorta on the other. I'm also not in the mood to search every deck for an empty hammock so I'll just take here." He walked closer. "That's noble of you boss, but even if the sisters weren't here, you'd still sleep here." I lifted my upper half up and balanced it on my right arms looking at him. "Your point?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. He just chuckled before walking away to the staircase and headed below. Not before saying, "You work to hard as a captain, you need to relax and take a break for once." "Never gonna happen any time soon." I responded before laying back down. I looked up once more, this time staring at the stars surrounding the moon. "You'll be safe once we get you Willow. Just hang on." I said before closing my eyes and falling asleep.