Chapter XVII

Ozpin's POV:

"Not the friendliest person I've met, but not the worst." I said to myself walking over to Winter standing on the side looking out to sea. I came up to her side and asked her, "You by chance wouldn't know why he's like that?" She looked at me curious to what I asked. "Pardon?" I looked at her and asked, "Would you happen to know why he's like that?" I pointed to him standing near Mr. Harlow. "If he doesn't mention why then I'm not sure if I should tell you." "Why is that?" She gave me a puzzling stare before walking towards the front of the ship. I followed her and turned my head to see if the captain was watching us. I noticed he glanced over before walking away from Mr. Harlow and towards Weiss. Winter and I stood on the front structure of the ship and she turned to me and said, "I'm not sure if he wants us to allow you to know anything, but I'll say this Professor. Our mother and him have know each other for a long time, but some things never go according to plan." I nodded for her to continue, but she was interrupted when Weiss came up behind me. "Excuse me, Headmaster?" I turned to face her and see she looks a little nervous. "Yes Weiss?" "He asked me to tell you if you really want to know something, why didn't you keep asking him like any logical person would do?" I gave a puzzling look to her before looking towards the back of the ship to see him staring at me with a smirk forming. "Weiss what is his end goal?" Winter came to Weiss's side and whispered something into her ear which got me curious before Weiss said one more thing. "He said he'll answer your questions if you go to him and ask, but he wanted me to warn you that you'll not like what he has to say to some of your questions." Winter and Weiss walked away and I looked back once again towards the captain and made my way towards him. He made no movement from his spot as he watched over me coming towards him. Once I got to his side I leaned on the same railing as him and asked, "Why didn't you want to answer my questions before?" He chuckled and replied, "You aren't as persistent as I thought you'd be. Bit of a let down if you ask me." I looked at him a bit insulted from his answer. "Don't give me that look. It's not my fault you take orders from a pirate when you could've at least demanded something. Hell you never even asked anything worth something in your own eyes." I didn't bother reply to that since he had a point, so I decided to ask him something that would probably make him agitated or even mad. "What's your relation to the Schnees?" I looked at him as he signed and gave me a cold stare that sent a shiver up my spine. "If that's the way you're gonna be then so be it." He grabbed a barrel and moved it towards a crate with another barrel on the other side and gave me a hand gesture to take a seat. "My relation to the Schnees is something personal. Willow and I were together for a while before piracy came to a large climax over two decades ago." "The year Atlas lost its navy?" "Aye. I was a man of my word at the time, and I was part of a ship under signature which I couldn't back out on. It didn't sit well with Willow and broke us apart faster than we got together." I looked at him as he looked down with a hurtful look on his face. "She was that important to you?" He nodded yes, but didn't say anything for a while.

(Y/N)'s POV:

"Never...never in my life did I...did I ever thing I'll meet such a woman like Willow. I knew something wasn't right, but I couldn't let go so suddenly. She was someone I couldn't pass up, something that drew me to her. Though how we met was something that shouldn't have happened, it brought us together. A criminal and a princess." I didn't look at the old man to know he had a look of sorrow sprouting on his face. "I didn't kn-" "You weren't supposed to know. When we parted ways, she never wanted me to come back, not after I told her I couldn't go back on my signature to my captain's articles." I let out a long sign and stared at my hands, damning them and myself for leaving her.

Ozpin's POV:

I never would have though Willow Schnee, of all people in Remnant, would fall head over heels for a pirate. I didn't add any comment to his pain, but my curiosity grew more and more. We sat there for some time before he stood up and started to walk back to the railing looming over the main deck and leaned against it looking at Weiss and the other teams. I got up and joined him when he asked, "Tell me old man, how did you find us out here in the open ocean? It had to be near impossible." He looked at me with a raised eyebrow curiously staring at me. "I'll be honest. General Ironwood sent a small detachment of commandos to an island far west of Menagerie on the word of a student in search of Mrs. Schnee." I looked at him while he had his back turned to the railing now giving me his full attention. "He contacted me when they arrived there to see a small town in shambles after being attacked from a band of pirates." I saw him smirk which gave me what the students would call...goosebumps? It didn't make me feel safe knowing he may be behind that attack. "Since you have her, I take it you were the one behind that attack?" He gave me a smile that would send warnings to anyone hunter or huntress that something isn't right. I looked at Weiss and Winter who were now sharpening their swords while talking to the rest of Weiss's team. "I guess the jig is up then. I did attack them yes, but it wasn't indiscriminate if that's what your thinking. I have nothing against any Faunus, look at my crew if you want to see I'm telling the truth. But the moment I heard about them kidnapping Willow didn't sit right with me, not a single bit. After I heard you and a team searching for me and taking my First Mate I had to get a hold of one of you to make sure it would keep you off my back for a while. Who would've guess it would be Willow's youngest daughter." I looked at him confused before asking, "You never knew she had children?" His smirk faded away as he answered, "That I didn't." I knew he had feelings about Willow from what he told me, but this is something that's really bothering him. "I apologize if I said anything to distraught you captain." He waved his hand saying, "Nay, don't be apologizing. It's something that was messing with my head for some time before you joined us." I looked over the side of the ship to see the sun starting to go down before a voice shouted, "COME GET YOUR GRUB LADS!" I looked over to the captain as he looked over towards the man who yelled. "Gather your teams mister...uh mind telling me your name?" "Ozpin, Headmaster Ozpin from Beacon." "Right then. Ozpin get your students and meet me one deck below this one. I'll explain somethings to you and them about the night." He then left and went to a stairwell leading below and disappeared from sight. I went to the main deck and headed over to Team SSSN, RWBY, JNPR telling them, "The captain would like for us to join him below. Try not to engage any of the crew in a fight please." The all agreed except Neptune who was still sitting in a ball looking shocked.