Chapter VIII

Winter's POV:

The pilot kept us above the ship's middle mast as he opened the left side door to allow Qrow to get in. "Tell me when he's in so I can pull away." The pilot shouted to Ozpin and Winter in the back with everyone else. "Opening doors!" He shouted while hitting a button. The bullhead started to shake violently as the winds outside started to blow into the bullhead. "Qrow, MOVE IT!" Ozpin shouted outside the doors. He was holding on to a handle bar next to it for people to grab onto, however I stood far back in front of the door waiting for Qrow to get in. Qrow flew off the mast and towards the opened door. As he landed inside and transformed, the bullhead jolted hard to the right as something hit it. "WHAT WAS THAT!?" the pilot shouted looking out the left side window in front. Qrow nearly fell back out as himself until Ruby grabbed hit hand while holding Yang's who was holding onto a handle near her. Everyone else grabbed something except me.I tried to stand where I was but it was futile, I ended up tumbling out the door and grabbing something to keep myself from falling to my death. I grabbed onto a rope hanging off the top of the ship but I lost my sword while falling out. "SOMETHING HIT US." Qrow shouted to the pilot. "WE NEED TO GO BACK NOW, WE'RE RUNNING LOW ON FUEL!" "WINTER!?" Pyrrha shouted. "SOMEONE HELP ME!" I shouted over the roaring winds and hard rain. Ozpin looked out and door from the bullhead to see me hanging from the ship's mast. "WINTER'S ON THE SHIP, PULL IN CLOSER AND I'LL GET HER." Ozpin screamed at the pilot. "WE HAVE TO TURN BACK NOW WHERE PAST THE POINT OF NO RETURN!" I screamed once more after looking down seeing how high I was hanging. Before Ozpin could put his hand out the bullhead's door started to close as it turned right and headed back. "DON'T LEAVE ME HERE! COME BACK!" I screamed once more. Seeing them fly back the way we came, I started to cry thinking I was gonna die right there till a hand fell in front of my face. "TAKE MY HAND LADY!" I looked up to see a man cloaked in black and grey holding his hand out for me. I wanted to ask who he was but given my current predicament I grabbed his hand. I expected to have him help onto the mast to climb down but he pulled me up and into his arms bridal style and jumped. I lost my breath as we flew down to the deck where many other men and women were scrambling around to secure items around the deck. I tried to scream as we started to come close but I held onto the cloaked man and buried my face into his chest. I felt him land on the deck and suddenly was put back on my feet. I looked up and mentally questioned him as to how he made that jump and survived. Suddenly I was grabbed by the arm and led to a staircase going down below deck. I felt my stomach tightened as this-woman!?-This woman take me below telling me to stay calm and not panic.

Ozpin's POV:

Leaving Winter behind I stormed up to the pilot and yelled, "TURN BACK THIS INSTANT." He didn't look at me but said, "We have to go back now or we'll all be swimming to the bottom of the ocean Headmaster. I have orders to find the ship-NOT to engage it. I'll let the General know what happened and you'll have to find another way to get on board without taking such a heavy risk." I didn't respond, but mentally questioned him. What does he mean general? Ironwood didn't give him any orders, Winter did. I sat down next to Qrow who was drenched and being hugged by Ruby who was panicking. Ignoring Ruby's questions I started to think deeply. Who gave the pilot orders? "You alright old man?" I looked to my left to see Qrow looking at me while wiping some water off of his face with a rag provided to him. "No, there someone else watching us and I don't know who." "Care to enlighten us?" I looked down at my thermal mug and decided to take a drink before answering. "I'll let you know when I found out more." I looked back at the pilot who sat back into his chair after leaning his head near the doorway listening to us. "Snowflake will be alright, she's a tough woman." Qrow blurted out. As much as I would love to question what he thinks of her, I agreed with him. She'll be okay...I hope.

(Y/N)'s POV:

After he got this woman down from the mast, I had Grace take her to the cabin above mine before handing the helm off to Andre. "Andre, man the helm." "Aye boss. Going to question the woman?" I didn't answer, but I nodded in agreement as I walked on deck to a sword protruding from the wood assuming it was hers since it fell from the sky. "Secure what's left on deck and take shelter." I barked at the crew. Most of them did what needed to be done and went below while some of the others stayed above to watch one another from the ocean's violent storm. I went below to the cabin where Grace took her and kept the sword in hand while thinking to myself. I've seen this sword. Weiss has an Identical one just like it...well just a bit shorter than this one. As I approached the cabin I knocked out of respect that Grace might've given her a set of dry clothes and could be changing. "Come in." Upon entering I saw the woman sitting on a chair with a large blanket wrapped around her. Grace was pouring a cup of-what looks to be-tea and handed it to her. White hair, blue eyes, white clothing, and a identical rapier. Weiss's sister no doubt. I let Grace finish what she was doing before I told her to head below to keep Weiss company without letting our new guest hear what I said. I grabbed another chair and sat across from her with her sword still in my hand. "Care to explain what you were doing swinging around in the rigging?" She didn't respond, but she started to sit up straight before taking another drink and looked at me. "My name is Winter Schnee and you pirate have kidnapped my sister." She said with a scowl. I gave her a look that would make most captives shit stay silent for a long trip. It did take affect on her seeing how she gulped while fidgeting while the now empty cup in her hand.