Chapter XXI

(Y/N)'s POV:

"EVERYONE TO THE GUNS!" I quickly let go of Willow and started to get the disarrayed crew back into order and to ready this ship for a fight. As they started to move storm clouds were inching their way over the upcoming battle darkening the sky with every passing minute. "(Y/N)!" I looked back at Willow and pointed to Winter saying, "Winter, take your mother into the cabin there, she'll be safer in there." Before Willow could protest, Winter and Weiss grab on of her arms and took her away. Ozpin came rushing towards me asking, "What are doing!?" I pushed him off me and replied, "There's no running now Ozpin. Take your students and joined Willow in the cabin. NOW!" He looked at the large vessel sailing towards us before nodding back to me and moving his students towards the cabin. Mr. Harlow came behind me and asked, "Orders captain?" I turned to him and said, "Head below and take command of the decks below. Take O'Malley with ye as well. You're gonna need someone to take command of the deck below you." "Aye! O'MALLEY WITH ME." He shouted after limping away to the stairs. I saw Annabell and shouted her orders, "Annabell! Take your sharpshooters to the crow's nest on fore, main, and mizzen masts." She looked at me and nodded before gathering her sharpshooters. I pulled my spyglass out and took a gander at the ship I was about to engage. "Mark I Battleship hmm? I've fought worse." I mumbled to myself before I heard Mr. Harlow shouting up to me from below the now opened deck grating. "Guns ready captain!" I took one last look and shouted, "MIDSHIP CANONNIERS SIGHT THE MAST. ALL GUNS FIRE!" The order was heard from my voice all the way down to Grace's repeating my order. Crew members stood clear of the guns they're commanding as it recoiled back from the blast lobbing a round right at the enemy ship.

???? POV:

"CAPTAIN! SHIP DEAD A HEAD!" "TO YOUR STATIONS LADS." I responded after hearing the lookout. Men were running around on deck preparing themselves for a fight they've only dreamed about till now. I looked at the crow's nest and shouted, "DIRECTION?" I could barely see him looking through his spyglass before he replied, "THEY'RE NOT COMING AROUND!" I grabbed a spyglass from my first mate standing next to me and went to corner of the quarter deck looking at the ship before us. As I looked at the ship in the distance, I heard some crew members start to panic while others tried to man them up from their cowardice. I inspected the ship and it dawned on me after noticing its features. Three masts, square sail over the bowsprit, three gun decks below the main deck. "Bloody hell that's a Mark II Battleship!" I said to myself. I heard my first mate ask, "Captain?" I turned my head and replied, "Its a Mark II Battleship!" He gave me a confused look before I pushed him a side and took the helm while yelling orders. "GIVE ME FULL SAIL!" Most of the crew on deck looked at me confused before the look out shouted, "CAPTAIN, SHE'S PACKING FOUR GEMS ON BOARD!" I looked back up at him before bringing the ship closer to our target. Everyone started to fumble around pulling lines and drooping more sails to give us more speed. Everyone stopped what they were doing when someone shouted, "HIT THE DECK!" I couldn't let go of the helm so I crouched when a hail of cannon shots raked our ship from a distance, which I noticed rather quickly, outraged our guns.

(Y/N)'s POV:

I saw holes forming in the ship's haul, its sails, and tearing through the rigging as the ship sailed closer. I made my way to the helm and took command before giving the order to load bar shots. As I turned the ship away from the Mark I Battleship, I shouted, "GIVE ME FULL SAIL." No questions were asked, no one looked confused, my crew knew exactly what my plan was. We used long range cannons for sieges and ship combat. Not only did we out range most ships we've taken, but we can cripple them without taking much damage in return. "TAKE COVER!" Everyone on the main deck ducked as the bow guns from that ship fired upon us as I turned us away. Rather then ducking, I stood where I was turning my head as some wood splinters flew by me. Ozpin came from the cabin below behind Willow who clutched the sword I lent her earlier coming up towards me from the cabin. I quickly noticed and yelled at her, "GET BACK INSIDE WILLOW." She ignored me while Ozpin protested behind her following her up to me. Once she got to me I was gonna raise hell towards her till she yelled, "BOTH OF YOU STOP TRYING TO KEEP ME LOCKED AWAY. I'M NOT SITTING OUT OF THIS FIGHT AND I'M SURE AS HELL NOT GONNA LET THEM HURT MY DAUGHTERS." I shocked at her outburst, Ozpin showed a similar expression before I said, "Stay next to me then Willow. Same goes to you Ozpin." I said looking at him. I heard Andre shout towards me that the gun were loaded so I turned the ship's side back towards the other and had them let loose another volley.