Chapter XXVI

(Y/N)'s POV:

As we took off I gave the two young kids the same salute I did before when Willow and her daughters flew away from my ships earlier which got me a nod in approval for what I'm gonna do tonight. As we took off I took a glance at the flagpole I came across getting inside this place and gave it a more personal touch which got Willow's attention as we took off. I instantly sat down wherever I could as Winter began to fly this damn thing away from this place. I knew who was giggling and looked over at Willow looking at me stumbling to a seat. "What?" I asked a little nervous. She got up from her spot and sat down next to me as she asked, "Nervous of flying captain?" I looked away trying to keep my posture while she was getting a laugh from my current predicament. She hugged my arm saying, "Don't worry (Y/N), Winter knows what she's doing." "I know that Willow...it's just uhh-I've never actually flew before. Ever!" I looked at as she looked at me in surprise. "Really?" I nodded trying to not look out the window to see how high we are right now. "Aye, and I don't think I want to ever again!" She gave a hearty chuckle and didn't say anything after that except, "Did you replace the flag back there?" I leaned my head back and smirked knowing she's looking at me for an answer. "I can't believe you did that!" I smiled and replied, "I couldn't help it. Maybe it'll give Ironwood a nice message telling him he can't stop me even if he tried." She lightly hit me in the arm before leaning on me in silence. We both looked at the front to see Winter coming back for a while which gave me a heart attack. "Why aren't ye at the helm steering this thing!?" I asked panicking. Winter gave me a look of confusion and curiosity as she sat across from her mother and I. "Did I miss something?" She asked looking at me trying to stay calm. "(Y/N)'s scared of flying she said trying to keep her laughter to a minimum. Winter gave a smile and kept her mouth shut, most likely trying her hardest to not laugh to which she succeeded. "There's an autopilot option on board (Y/N). We're okay." Winter said to me, trying to ease my fear at the moment. I breathed a sigh in relief, but stayed tense as Winter asked, "I'm gonna drop you two off at the docks downtown Atlas. By now Ironwood is tracking this ship and growing suspicious of its departure and where it's heading with who on board." I've never been one to care for another military officer's career, but Winter became the first. "What happens if he nabs ye Winter?" I asked genuinely concerned. "He's not gonna arrest you is he?" Willow quickly asked after me. She shook her head and replied, "He's probably is gonna arrest me, but it'll most likely be a lecture from him and a demotion for my actions." I was about to say something until Winter added, "It'll probably get me chewed out. I've been chewed out before." I didn't bother reply to that, I've been chewed out same as her before. "Wouldn't that hurt your-" "Mom I joined Atlas to get away from father. I couldn't really care what happens to my rank or career. Weiss and Whitley are now my priorities until this all blows over." I gave her a look of approval while her mother didn't know what to do.

Weiss's POV:

After they took off I looked back at Whitley and said, "Let's get back inside before we freeze to death." "I couldn't agree more." He quickly replied and started to fast walk back to the entrance Winter led us out of. As we got closer to the door I looked towards the direction the flew off to and saw something out of place. I nudged Whitley's arm and pointed to flag pole which made me give a stupid smile. The flag waving through the breeze was (Y/N)'s flag sitting on the top of the flagpole. I heard a stifled laugh and turned to see Whitley holding his hand over his mouth. "Guess he couldn't leave without saying goodbye to everyone." I commented. Whitley nodded smiling as we headed in after glancing back at the flag once more. "What do you think Ironwood's gonna do about that?" He asked me. "I don't know. All I do know is he's not going to be happy when he wakes up and sees it waving at him." I responded walking down the corridor after getting inside. We walked back to our rooms when Whitley said, "I forgot something in mom's room!" He quickly made a detour from his room and entered mom's room to get his jacked he was wearing before (Y/N) surprised us all. I followed him in as he grabbed it off her bed, but stopped when he came across a thin book sitting on the nightstand. "Weiss." He said, getting my attention. I walked over to him as he picked it up and opened it. I looked into its pages and knew who it was from. "He left this for us?" Whitley asked confused to why (Y/N) did that. "Here, let me see it." He handed me the book and I opened it from the start to see some maps, instructions, and a message closer to the end since it wasn't a book. It was directions to an island west of Vacuo. "When this is all over, come to this island after our six month departure. I promise to come back so your mother can visit you, but I believe it would be best if we didn't go near Atlas unless Ironwood isn't hunting me for all this. This island does have inhabitants, but they're not ones to cause any trouble to you unless you start it. If you beat me here in six months and they get jumpy around you, just tell them you're waiting for Captain (Y/N) (L/N). They'll know it's my business and not there's." I read aloud for Whitley to hear. "Signed, (Y/N) (L/N) your pirate friend." Whitley gave a stifled chuckle at the last part which made me smile thinking about it. "Should we clean up the room?" He asked me as I made my way to the door. I turned around and looked at the sight before me and responded, "No, let's make them think we didn't know what happened." He nodded and followed me as I left the room. We went to our doors leading into our own rooms and said goodnight to each other before heading in and going to bed. I put the book under my pillow as I tucked myself in and thought, How did he come across this island? How are we gonna get there without Ironwood getting suspicious? None of that mattered at the moment, all I know is that mom is gonna have a lifetime of stories when she comes back to visit us.