Chapter XVIII

(Y/N)'s POV:

Everyone dispersed after the girl lost. Ozpin and his students were genuinely surprised as where my crew and I weren't. I took the time to show the kids where they're gonna be sleeping for the night till we make landfall the next day. I walked passed Andre as he sat there in the same spot talking to the girl. "It was a nice attempt, but you have no experience going against bigger, stronger people Nora." "But still! How did you beat me!? I nearly used my semblance just to keep my arm from falling over!" I couldn't help but chuckle at her trying to find his secret knowing damn well he's a literal giant compared to her small stature. I grabbed a large bucket loaded with trays and silverware and took it up to the galley for Silver to wash out. As I headed up the gallery's stairs Ozpin came up behind me and asked, "Mind if I accompany you captain?" I looked back to see him holding the other bucket and replied, "Sure. Mind your head, he has pots and pans hanging from the rafters above." He nodded and followed me as we came to the gallery. "Captain you know I can get those myself right?" "I know you can, but I have nothing important right now. Willow's resting and Ozpin has some questions, so I need something to keep me occupied for a small bit." Ozpin set the bucket next to mine and looked at me wondering how I knew he was gonna ask me some questions. "How did yo-" "Ozpin, you're the only one here who isn't afraid of dealing with death and I respect that. It doesn't take a genius to know you want some answers about Willow's past." I walked to gallery's doors that led out to the main deck and waved him over to me to follow. As we exited the gallery, Ozpin closed the door and caught up to me as I leaned against the railing looking over the bow out to sea on the forecastle. "You've met Willow over a decade ago, that I now know. Where did you go exactly after Atlas's defeat?" I didn't look at him, but replied after a small moment of silence. "I went back to the world I came from, my home to be exact." I turned my head and looked at him before asking, "Have you ever heard of the Tempest Seas?" He stared at me in surprise before standing tall and walking back down to the main deck before stopping half way across the ship. I followed him curious to why he was afraid of my answer before he turned to me and responded. "I have, yes! How though?" I raised an eyebrow and looked at him confused. "How what?" "How did you find it? The Tempest Seas. I've heard stories, seen charts of possible way to get there, but no one has ever found it." I started to laugh at his response and took a seat on a barrel while facing him. "Did you try to to find the Eastward passage?" He came up to and asked, "There's two passages!? I've only read that there's one!" I held back my laughter and gather my thoughts before replying. "There's always been two, but you need something in particular to take the second. A portal near Vacuo's shore, it leads to the Jade Sea west of Calm Waters. It's the western sea." He started to pace back and forth in front of me taking in what I said before stopping. "You said you came from the Tempest Seas correct?" I nodded my head answering yes. "How did you get to Remnant then?" I sat back with my back on the mast and replied, "I sailed with a captain named Jacoby. He wasn't the best, but I've seen worse. He took that East passage you've been searching for to get here after someone discovered it from the Jade Sea. It took over a month, but we made it." He signed and stood near the railing leaning against it with his back towards the sea. I got off the barrel and joined next to him and followed up to my answer. "Ozpin, have you ever seen a giant octopus?" I looked at him as he shook his head signalling no. "Have you ever seen a water dragon? Maybe even a crab bigger than this ship you're on? Hell, have you ever seen an army of undead sailing in mass numbers to kill every living thing they come across?" Again, he shook his head in no. "Then tell me, what drive you to find the Tempest Seas is you have no clue what dangers lurk there?" He didn't answer except looking at the flag flying over the main mast. "Well?" He looked at me and started to walk across the the main deck to the other side before looking over the railing and answering. "I find it unlikely you know what evil hides here in Remnant. Have you ever heard of a woman named Salem?" I walked beside him and answered no. "These grimm aren't here by coincidence, she unleashed them to wreak havoc on the world for her to conquer. Many hunters and huntresses have been killing these creatures for years. Long before you were probably even born." I nodded in understanding but asked him one question that he hasn't answered yet. "What does this have to do with the Tempest Seas?" I looked at him with a more serious look till he gave in and replied, "I believe there's an ancient power hidden there that brings all those monsters there to protect. If I could find it, then I might be able to rid Salem from Remnant for good." I walked towards the stern laughing at his answer which he took offense rather quickly. "Mind telling me what's so funny!?" I stopped at the cabin doors and looked back answering, "You really think you can rid evil from this part of the world Ozpin? I've seen gods live like humans in the Tempest Seas and I can tell you exactly what they've told me. Evil isn't one person controlling everything cruel thing in this world, it's those who live in it that give it a face. Even if you find that power you seek that isn't there, you'll only be giving more evil than her to take her place and raise hell." "Then what am I supposed to do then!?" I smirked and opened the doors before replying, "No one said you have to take it on by your lonesome. As long as she's kept locked away from this world, you and everyone else have nothing more to fear than those monsters themselves." He didn't like the answer I gave him, but he nodded off and walked towards the stairs heading below knowing I'm heading off to bed. "Oh, and Ozpin..." He turned and looked at me halfway down the stairs. "Don't sacrifice people for your own cause, you'll never be forgiven let alone forgotten for such actions." He went below as I shut the cabin doors and made my way back to Willow's side and took a seat. "I hope we can make time together from our time apart." I said before taking my coat off and using it as a blanket while I slept in the chair for the night.