2: Roommate Ad

"Thanks for dropping me off Ains! Have a good day at work!" I exclaim as I get out of Ainsley's car at the apartment complex.

"Thanks babe! Good luck finding an ad!" She tells me, and drives off.

I enter the new apartment building and head straight towards the bulletin board to look for an ad.

My eyes scan the board desperately, looking for one that would catch my attention. Finally, one does.

ATTENTION!

Fourth roommate desperately needed. Must be okay with pets (one bunny)
Must be okay with sharing a room with another person
$650 for rent each month
No creepy murders or rapists, please
If interested, please call or text Alex Ernst at 17149050678

It seems like the people from the ad really needed a roommate. Maybe this was my chance. I quickly add the phone number into my contacts and start typing out a message to them while walking towards the door.

Suddenly, as I'm in the middle of typing out a text message to Alex, I run into something tall and hard.

"Ah!" I exclaim as I fall to the floor.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?" The person asks, extending a hand my way.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm so sorry!" I exclaim as I grab their hand and they help me to my feet. When I stand up, I manage to look up to a brown eyed boy wearing a black hat.

"It was totally my fault, you're good. Hope you're alright," the boy says, fixing his dark brown hair from under his hat.

"I'm David, by the way," he says, extending a hand my way.

"I'm Dakota," I tell him, hesitantly shaking his hand.

"Cool! Both our names start with D's. Maybe we're meant to be friends," David chuckles. "You live here?"

"Nope, not yet anyways. Came here to look for any ads and I found one so I'm hoping they'll let me live with them," I laugh a little.

"That's cool! I hope they let you too, maybe we can hang out sometime and be friends if you end up living here. Maybe I can give you my number?" David suggests.

"Yeah, of course! I barely have any friends in L.A. so it's nice to finally meet someone new," I admit, handing my phone over to him.

"Really?" He asks, beginning to make a new contact of himself in my phone. "Maybe we can hang out and I'll introduce you to my friends sometime. You seem pretty cool, I think they'd like you," David suggests.

"Yeah, that'd be awesome, actually. I'm always up to meeting new people," I tell him.

"Alright, text me soon and we can plan a time to get together. But anyways, it was so cool running into you, but I'm kind of late meeting up with my girlfriend, so I've gotta blast," David admits.

"Alright, I'll text you later," I tell him, and he nods and waves as he walks out the doors.

I smile. My first new friend in the apartment building, and I haven't even moved in yet, how cool!

I shake the thought away as I turn my attention back to the message I was writing.

Me: Hey, Alex! My name is Dakota Denley and I saw your ad for a roommate on the bulletin board. I need a place to live ASAP and yours seemed like one I would be interested in.

I send the text message and walk out the doors of the apartment building and head to the coffee shop down the street to kill some time while I wait for Ainsley to finish her client so she can pick me up and take me home.

By the time I reach the coffee shop and sit down with my order, Alex has already texted me back.

Alex (apartment guy): Hey, Dakota. Glad to hear that. We need a roommate really bad right now, so the sooner you want to take a look around and move in the better. What's a good time for you to come over and see the place so we can get to know you? We're available almost whenever.

Me: Does tomorrow at noon sound good?

Alex (apartment guy): Sure, see you then.

I smile down at my phone and sip my coffee. I can't believe I found an apartment this fast! This is awesome, and I'll probably only have to stay with Ainsley for a couple days more at most. I've got to say, I'm pretty proud at myself for this.

Sure, three other roommates will be a pain in the ass, but at least they have a bunny and a place for me to stay at!

I take out my phone and begin to type out s text message to Ainsley.

Me: Found an ad and I'm going to check out the place tomorrow! R u proud of me?

Ainsley Bear: Of course babe! Good job! I'm almost done, I've got one for client to do today. I'll be there for u soon. Where r u at so I know where to pick you up?

Me: The coffee shop down the street from the building

Ainsley Bear: Be there in about 10

Me: Okay!

I go out of my messages app and go into Instagram instead. I see that I've been tagged in a couple new photos since I last checked and decide to look through them.

A few are from some of my fan accounts, so I like those ones and comment on the ones with nice captions.

The other two are Victoria's Secret tagging me in a couple photos they posted from our Bahamas trip. I like those as well and comment some hearts on them.

I spend a couple more minute scrolling through Instagram, liking a few pictures here and there and continuing to drink my coffee as I wait for Ainsley to come pick me up.

Sure enough I see her walk through the door and wave at me.

"Hey, Kota! I'm just going to order a coffee and then we can go," she tells me when she reaches my table. I nod at her and watch as she walks over to the barista and orders her drink. I rise from my table and walk towards her as she waits for them to prepare her drink.

"So how was work?" I ask her when I stop by her side.

"Okay. I got to see Gigi Hadid again today and she told me to tell you hello and that you two need to hang out again," she informs me.

Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner were two very good friends of mine from the modeling business. However, neither of them could make it to the shoot in the Bahamas recently and so I haven't seen them in forever.

"Awh! I miss her! I have seen her in so long," I say.

"I also got to see a few other of the girls today, but overall it was good. You know I love my job so no day is ever bad when I'm doing it," she says.

I nod. If I wasn't a model, I'd probably want to go into makeup or hair something just like Ainsley did. It's amazing the people you get to meet and the relationships you can form in the job.

"So tell me about this apartment you're looking into," Ainsley tells me.

"There's three other roommates and they have a bunny. It seems simple enough and they're desperate for a roommate and I'm desperate for an apartment so I'm guessing it will work out," I shrug.

"Oh three roommates? That's gonna suck, have fun with that," Ainsley laughs.

"It doesn't seem too bad. Maybe everything will turn out alright," I suggest.

"I hope so, girl. You deserve everything to work out alright," she tells me, and grabs her finished coffee off of her counter.

"How many times have I told you how much I love and appreciate you?" I giggle.

"Not enough, babe. Not enough."