11: FaceTime Calls

INSTAGRAM

Liked by ernst, daviddobrik and 275,890 othersDakotaDenley: Loving Mexico already ☀️🌊

DakotaDenley: Loving Mexico already ☀️🌊

View all 98,507 comments
ernst: my beautiful best friend! Miss u already 💕
DakotaDenley: @ernst miss you so much bubba FaceTime you soon! Take care of Jasper and Bailey for me
Todderic_: Miss u Kota, Alex is an asshole without you here.
DakotaDenley: @todderic_ I know, he needs someone there to keep him in check 🤣

I yawn as I stop replying to comments on my new Instagram photo I just posted and lay down on the hotel bed. Right after we landed we had to get right to shooting, which we did on the beach and some in the pool, hence where I got my instagram photo from. We worked non stop shooting and changing all day, leaving me exhausted. Luckily, the time zones were the same in Mexico and California so I could FaceTime Alex as soon as I took a shower to get all the body makeup off and put my glasses on instead of my contacts.

I take out my phone and press on Alex's contact and the FaceTime button. It only rings for a second or two before I see it's connecting and Alex's face pops up on my screen.

"Kota!" He exclaims. "I miss you already!"

I giggle. "I miss you already too. Believe me when I say I'd rather be at home. I literally worked from the second I got off the plain until now today," I groan.

"That sucks. But that least you're in Mexico though, right?" Alex asks.

"Yeah, Mexico is alright. But I'd still rather be home with you and the vlog squad," I say.

"Hey, Jasper wants to see you," Alex says, smiling. I smile back at him, feeling my heart skip a beat when he does it. Push the feelings away, Kota, push them away.

Alex holds Jasper up to his phone so that I can see him and I grin.

"Hey, Jasper! I miss you too!" I say in a higher toned voice. I can see Jasper's long tail wag behind him and his whole body get excited. He yips a little in reply, making Alex and I both laugh.

"Even Jasper misses you. You know what that means? You should come home," Alex informs me.

"I wish," I sigh. "It's only for another 13 days though, we can do it."

"Yeah, we can. But I really don't want to," Alex sighs.

"Hey, look who he have here! Kota!" David says, aiming his vlogging camera in the background toward Alex's phone.

"Hi!" I say and wave.

"Please come back, Alex is an asshole without you here," David pleads.

I laugh at this.

"Funny, because he said that same thing about you," I tell David.

"Alex! How dare you! You're the one that's really pissy that your girl is out in Mexico and has been taking out your loneliness on us all day," David retorts.

"I have not!" Alex defends himself.

"Oh, yes you have! Just wait until today's vlog goes out and you watch it. You'll see. And maybe seeing you this way will make Kota come back home just to straighten you out," David laughs.

I laugh with him as Alex pouts and flips David off.

I yawn as I watch the two continue to fight, until David finally gives up and tells me goodbye as he walks out of the room.

"Sorry about him, Liza's back home with her family for a few days so with both of you gone he's been a jerk lately," Alex tells me.

"Have you really been a jerk too since I've been gone?" I ask, looking for an honest answer.

"Yeah a little. Just because you're my best friend and I miss you so much," Alex says, and my heart clenches with hurt when he says best friend.

I smile at him anyways.

"It's only our first day separated and it already sucks so much," I sigh.

"I know. Be ready for a really long hug as soon as I see you again," Alex tells me, causing me to smile at him.

I yawn once more, letting me know that I'm tired and I probably should go to sleep now.

"I'm going to go to sleep now, it's been a really long day shooting. I love you lots, give Bailey and Jasper a kiss for me," I tell Alex.

"I love you too, Kota. Talk to you later," Alex says, and I hang up our call.

I yawn for the third time in the past few minutes, and put my phone on the charger next to my bed.

I cuddle up in my blanket, wishing I could have a late night conversation with Alex or some cuddles with him to help me go to sleep like we did back home.

Suddenly, I remember something important and get up out of my bed and go find my suitcase. I rummage through it for a bit, before finding what I'm looking for. Alex's sweatshirt. He gave it to me before I left because he knows how much just smelling him and him in general makes me happy and helps me sleep, so he gave me his sweatshirt to bring with me for these next two weeks.

I slip the sweatshirt over my head and take in a long sniff of Alex's scent. The smell rushes through me, calming me. I lay back down in my bed and cuddle up in the sweatshirt.

I close my eyes and lay in bed thinking about Alex and I. I don't really know what to do about us. I like him, I know that now, but we have such a good friendship and I don't want to ruin that by making a move on him. But what if he does like me back? We can always try out dating and if it doesn't work we can still be friends. Couples can always be friends if they breakup, after all.

Finally, I decide on something. I'm going to make a move on Alex when I get home and see him again. If it makes things awkward, that's fine. As long as I know that I got my feelings out there and let him how what I was thinking.

I really like Alex, whether he likes me back or not. And nothing can change that.