50: My Forever

The next morning I wake up alone in Alex and I'd bed with only a note in Alex's place.

Dakota,

Sorry I'm not there right now, but I needed to get an early start on our date. Once you wake up, I want you to put on the outfit I have for you in the bag next to our bed, and then go into the couch to find your first clue.

Love you!

-Alex

I tiredly rub my eyes and smile at the note. So the surprise date was a scavenger hunt! I feel my heart flutter just thinking about all the thought and preparation Alex must have put into this.

I stretch and get out of bed, almost stepping on the bag with my outfit in it as I do so. I pick up the bag off the floor and open it to see what Alex bought me.

I gasp as soon as I open the bag, revealing a black Lacey tank top dress and a pair of nude heels to match.

I remember showing Alex the dress and heels a little while ago when I saw a picture of the outfit on my Pinterest. I can't believe he remembered!

I smile giddily as I strip myself from my pajamas and put on the dress and shoes. I look at myself in our mirror and my jaw drops open.

I looked beautiful. Even more so than I expected I would. The dress made me look skinnier than usual, and complimented my good assets. And the heels added an adorable classy touch which I loved.

After looking at myself in the mirror for a few moments, I decide to go into the bathroom and do my makeup and hair before going to find the first clue.

Since this seems like a very special date, I decide to put on a full face of makeup and straighten my curly mess of hair.

That takes me a considerable amount of time to do, and by the time I'm done, I'm completely awake and ready to start the scavenger hunt.

I make my way out of the bathroom and to the couch to read the clue.

If you haven't realized already, I'm sending you on a scavenger hunt. This place is significant to us because it's where we sat down and talked to each other for the first time when we interviewed you for our new roommate. Now, go to the place where you found out about the ad.

I smile down at the clue and grab my purse and phone as I make my way to the door. I know exactly where to go next, the bulletin board in the lobby.

I get into the elevator, unable to contain my excitement and smiles as it brings me down the the lobby.

As soon as it opens, I quickly make my way out and straight towards the bulletin board. As soon as I reach it, I scan it for the next clue. I soon find the paper tacked in the corner.

Without this board, you would've never moved in and we would've never met. It's just one of the few landmarks from our relationship. Now, go get into your new car and go to the place where we kissed on camera for the first time. (Hint: no one could see us)

I rack through my brain, trying to think of where this clue could lead to. I try to imagine he vlogs and videos of us, and which one we first kissed in.

Finally, something clicks in my brain and I realize what Alex means. He's referring to the pool party where we kissed underwater!

I find it adorable that he remembered that, and absentmindedly smile as I walk out of the lobby and into the parking garage toward my car.

As soon as I'm in my car, I start driving off to the house. I can feel my heart bursting with excitement and affection with every beat as I try my best to focus on the road.