47: Old Man Prank

Our last day in Florida was really awkward. After Todd's confession, everyone came off the rollercoaster and him and I avoided each other the rest of the night. Then, the next day too.

We ended up just going to the beach and packing up our stuff all day, and then decided to have a little party that night. Todd and I have avoided each other during the whole party so far, too.

Todd is one of my best friends, and its making me really upset that we're avoiding each other. Things have been weird between everyone just because we weren't talking, and to make matters worse, I haven't even told Alex what happened yet.

"So, are you going to tell me why you and Todd have been avoiding each other?" Alex asks me when we're sitting on the couch during the party.

"I'd rather not while everyone is around, but I'll tell you tonight when we're alone, okay?" I assure him, as I take a sip from my drink.

"Okay. It doesn't have anything to do with me being upset and assuming you guys were flirting, right?" Alex asks me.

"No. Well, not really. I'll explain later," I say.

"Alex! Come here, we need your help filming a bit," David yells over the loud music Scott has put on.

"I'll catch up with you when we're done, okay?" Alex assures me, leaving a kiss on my cheek before standing up.

"Okay. Have fun," I say, watching as he walks away.

After a few minutes or so of sitting on the couch by myself, I get up in attempt to go find someone else to talk to.

I end up walking towards the kitchen, only to bump into Todd, who was making his way out of there.

"Oh, uh, sorry," I say, looking down at my feet.

"It's alright, it was my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going," he awkwardly chuckles. "While I have you here, can we just talk about what I said?"

"I really don't think that's a good idea, Todd," I say, still not making direct eye contact with him.

"I just want to know if you have even the littlest bit of feelings towards me. Or if you ever have in the past," he says, and I sigh.

"I'll admit, I did think you were pretty cute when I met you at the welcome party and we kissed and everything, but I don't have any feelings for you now. I'm in love with Alex," I say, now looking him in the eye.

Todd sighs.

"I figured that's what you were going to say," he says. "I'm sorry I had to make things complicated by telling you how I feel."

"It's alright, Todd. I'm glad you told me so I wouldn't lead you on by accident or anything, and it's better to let things out rather than keep them cooped up inside all of the time," I tell him as I set a hand on his arm.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," he sighs. "I hope things won't be weird between us now and that we can still be friends."

"Of course we can, Todd," I say in surprise. "You're one of my best friends and I don't want to loose that."

"I'm really glad, because I don't want to loose you either," Todd says.

"And I know I can get over you. It'll just take me a little while, I think," Todd adds.

"It'll be alright. I'll be here for you as a friend through it all," I assure him.

I pull Todd into a friendly hug, but soon enough, a loud knocking on the door interrupts us and we pull apart.