43: Private Jet and Florida

"I'm so tired and we haven't even taken off yet," I yawn, leaning my head against Alex's shoulder while we sit together in the private jet.

David had somehow managed to get us all a private jet to take us to Florida. I'm not exactly sure how the man did it, but honestly, I'm not complaining. I mean, free food, great seats, and a huge tv? Who wouldn't love it!

"Then go to sleep," Alex tells me, rubbing his hand up and down my arm.

"But I don't want to miss all the fun everyone will probably be having," I whine, looking up at him.

"They're probably just going to be drinking and filming stupid things, you won't be missing out," Alex assures me, and lightly kisses my temple.

I savor the shiver that go through my body after he does this and smile.

"Are you sure?" I ask him, and he looks down at me.

"I'm sure," Alex answers.

And so, taking his word, I snuggle up against him and close my eyes. I feel as he wraps his arm around me and pulls me into him, making my feel even cozier than before.

"Awe, look at you two, all snuggled up. Are you guys going to go to sleep and miss all the fun?" I hear Todd ask, but I don't bother to open my eyes.

"Yeah, she's really tired. I don't think she's used to getting up so early, so we're just going to sleep," Alex answers.

He is right. I never get up this early. David insisted that we get up at 3 so that we could make it to the airport by 4:30. So, that left me incredibly tired since Alex and I stayed up super late last night watching movies and spending time with Bailey and Jasper before we had to leave them.

"Alright. I'll make sure we don't have too much fun without you guys," Todd says, and I hear as he walks away, probably toward the back of the plane where the tables and drinks are.

I let out a deep breath and let my breath become even, almost falling asleep as I do so.

I feel as Alex softly kisses the top of my head, making me smile a little.

"I can't believe how lucky I am," Alex sighs, and runs his fingers through my hair, sending me over the edge and into a deep sleep.

L A T E R

"Sleep well, babe?" Alex asks me when I wake up.

"Mhm," I reply, picking up my head off of his lap and rubbing my eyes. "Did I miss much?"

Alex shakes his head.

"Nothing really happened except that Zane got really drunk and threw up all over Heath's suitcase. Not really interesting," Alex chuckles.

"Yeah sounds like it wasn't that great," I laugh.

"Not really," Alex smiles.

"How much longer until we land?" I ask, and Alex pulls out his phone and checks the time.

"About 10 minutes. You woke up just in time," he informs me.

I nod at this, and raise my arms in the air to stretch. I crack my neck and my back a little, before sitting back in my seat.

"Did you ever text Dennis and ask him if he'll bring the twins over and come visit one day? Or if we can drive over and visit them?" Alex asks me.