46: Fair and Feelings

When we get back to the beach house after our trip to the twins' house, we meet up with the vlog squad at the boardwalk. It was already getting a little dark out since we spend so long driving and traveling, and we all decided to go to the arcade first.

"I want to play ski ball," I tell Alex, after we get our tokens.

"Let's go against each other. Whoever loses has to pay for more tokens when we run out," Alex challenges me as we reach the ski ball machines.

"Okay, fine. Get ready to have your ass beat, Ernst," I say, putting a token into the machine, and handing Alex one too.

"Don't be so sure of yourself, Denley, I'll have you know I'm a ski ball master," Alex says, winking at me before grabbing his first ball and throwing it.

I turn my attention away from Alex and to my own game instead. I throw my first ball, trying to aim it right down the middle.

To my surprise, it goes straight up in the air and lands in the 50 hole. I feel a sense of satisfaction as this happens, and throw in the rest of my balls.

When we're both done, I take a look over at Alex's score and jump with joy.

"Yes! I told you I'd beat you! You should know better than to challenge me anymore," I laugh, as Alex pouts.

"I should, but I still don't," he sighs, grabbing both of our tickets from the machines and then slipping his hand in mine.

"So what game are we doing next?" Alex asks me, and I look around to find a fun game.

Eventually, my gaze lands on a claw machine filled with adorable puppy stuffed animals.

"That one," I say, pointing at it.

"You know those games are impossible to win, right?" Alex chuckles as we walk towards he machine.

"They're not if you try hard enough," I say, letting go of his hand and grabbing the tokens and putting them in the slot.

I expertly position the claw over a cute golden retriever plush, and look at the machine from the side a couple times to make sure it's perfectly over it. Then, I push the button in and watch the claw fall on top of it.

Then, the claw captures the stuffed animal for a few brief seconds, before dropping it. I stick out my bottom lip at this and look at Alex.

"Here, let me try," Alex says, holding his hand out for some tokens.

I reluctantly give him enough tokens to play and watch as he puts his tongue in between his teeth in concentration.

When he drops the claw and it captures the puppy again, I feel excited, but my mood goes away after it drops it once again.

"Just one more try," Alex says, taking more tokens from me.

I sigh, and watch once again as he attempts to get the stuffed puppy from the machine.

To my disbelief, the claw once again classes around the stuffed animal and actually doesn't drop it.

"Yes!" I squeal, clapping my hands as Alex hands me the golden retriever plush.

"Thank you, I love you so much," I say, hugging Alex.

"Anything for my girl," Alex says, making my heart do a flip.

When we pull away, I stand up on my tippy toes and give him a kiss, before we walk to the next arcade game to play.

L A T E R

Soon enough, we've used all of our tokens and more, and our time at the arcade is over and we have to use all of our tickets.

"Hey, Guys," David says as we're about to walk up to the register to get some prizes.